Mechman Alternators

I am swapping my alt out for a mechman with a 1.75 inch pulley. I measured my stock pulley to be 2.5 inches. The belt for my car is approx. 84.5 inches. What size belt would i need.

In order to swap my alternator out i need to remove the front passenger tire so using the "try multiple belt sizes until it fits" isn't the best approach for me :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

If there's a .75" difference between the pulley on the new alt versus the old alt, then what is 84.5 - .75?

• 2 weeks later...

If there's a .75" difference between the pulley on the new alt versus the old alt, then what is 84.5 - .75?

I could be wrong but i don't think that would be right considering it would depend o. The contact patch of the belt on the pulley so you would have to use pi and figure out the diffrence relative to the degrees of contact

But that could be the over thinking talking

I went an inch shorter but it all depends on how much your belt tensioner moves ,some cars they have more travel then others, Most of the time u are trying multiple belts u want it tight . Every car is different unless u find someone here with the same setup. I would be prepared to try a few belts .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I could be wrong but i don't think that would be right considering it would depend o. The contact patch of the belt on the pulley so you would have to use pi and figure out the diffrence relative to the degrees of contact

i'm probably completely wrong.

i'm probably completely wrong.

good possibility so am i