remote start/ security system for a diesel pickup

i have a 1999 ford f250 with 7.3l powerstroke diesel, 6 speed 4x4. i have been thinking about getting a security/ remote start for it. the truck does not have anything on it right now. so i was wondering what brand you guys would recommend for a diesel truck?

I have installed 3 remote starts all have been Prestige brand , have had no issues and they are cheap on Amazon , make sure to get the long range antenna and for Diesel's might want a turbo timer

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Pretty much any brand should have a diesel delay program setting and/or a wait-to-start hard wire on it. Your 99 has an actual wait-to-start wire that you can access and tap into, which will be more reliable. On newer trucks that wire is data so you have to program the delay, which sometimes causes issue in extreme temp swings when the glow plug time varies quite a bit.

Static drops are my bag.

Compustar or Viper is my preference. I personally use Compustar.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

• 1 month later...

Compustar 2way or a DEI 2way (DEI = Directed Electronic Inc which is who makes the Viper, Clifford, Python brands, these guys are pretty much all the same with cosmetic differences to the remote. They also have Avatil and some other lower priced line as well iirc).

Both units can be programmed for the glowplugs.

viper 5706 (2way remote start) what i'd recommend. make sure an instaler with knowledge does the installation because wait to start does need to be programmed to allow the glow plugs to warm up(15 sec before it starts to crank) and make sure the tachometer wire from the alarm is connected properly to prevent the vehicle to have trouble staying on.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived