Sundown Components Vs Hertz HSK165

somebodyelse

Hi, Im trying to decide between 3 options for mids and highs:

Hertz: HSK165 ($400) (120W RMS) (Component Set)

Sundown SA 6.5 ($400) (100W RMS) (Component Set)

Sundown NEO 6.5" + Polk DB1001 Tweeters ($350?) (180W RMS) (Components bought separate)

Prices are all similar, but I'm not sure which would be better for what.

I am setting up for a full active system (maybe audison bit one? DSP unknown at this time, they all have mixed reviews) with 2 presets. One preset for SQ with a clean front stage and wattage matched to front stage, and one preset for SPL ear bleeding guitar solos with massive power back stage but very clear. I'm not concerned about ruining my front stage setup when I set the DSP to my SPL Preset.

I will be buying an amp to match whatever sets I go with, I have a stock 2016 Silverado Crewcab.

My imagination tells me Hertz is all hype and the Sundown component set will blow it away. So maybe sundown components up front and the NEO mid drivers in the rear doors.

Or if those NEO's are super clean and have a wide frequency response like the component 6.5" maybe go NEO's in all 4 doors and some bad ass tweeters up front.

Or maybe since the hertz is 120W and they are known for SQ, use them up front and, use Neo's in the back? (I have considered mounting extra Neo's and tweeters forward facing from the back under the rear seat on 1000Watts).

Im open to all suggestions, Lets keep the mids and highs to 8 channels or less, and less than $1200 for the components, preferably around a similar price range. I'm picturing dormant Power in SQ mode, and flip a switch and grab ear plugs in SPL mode, I love my treble turnt up.

Archived