Thought I would share the alternate designs..the first one was for a laminated and ported box. It turned out to be too much work and too much wasted wood, so I abandoned it.

laminated%20subwoofer%20box_zpsikqtwhfx.

This past week I redesigned the box with straight cuts and standard sides, tops, bottoms (instead of laminating). I dont like chamfering the sides of the box like shown, but I could build it and fiberglass the interior to strengthen it. The middle blue pieces are for bolting to the 2 pieces together. 2 pieces allow them to pass into the trunk wither thru the back seat or trunk. Once assembled, cant do either.

ported%202%20box%20no%20laminate_zpspzdy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I worked on this a little bit.

I burned up a crossover for my Crescendo Mezzos, they didnt have any more to sell me as they are replacing the Mezzo and its not available yet. So, I found online a place that makes an electronic 2-way xover. They are originally a 17V xover, so I emailed them to see if they could make it for 12V. They bought the parts, tested it, and built me 4 crossovers that could run on 12V. Sweet. All 2-way Active, Linkwitz-Riley, 24db/slope.

So, new build will be Active.

0909161044_HDR_zpsd4cjxxij.jpg

Still working on finalizing this little panel.

Then built the LED panel. Ordered up a Tork1 Relay from CE Auto to provide remote turn on for amps, processor and the Active xovers.

0909161045_HDR_zpsytkmw4hn.jpg

Ok, ran into some problems getting things into the trunk. That fucking trunk access and opening is so small its ridiculous.

I originally cut and test fit all panels in the trunk. Then I even made some allowances for thickness of vinyl and carpet. Well, turns out I didnt plan enough. I had a hell of time remembering how to get the trim panel into the trunk...once in, nothing fit. I scratched up the finish pieces getting the panel into the trunk, too.

Couldnt find the nutserts once in, it was dark, I was hot, but finally got it. Then realized it was way too tight and couldnt fit all the finish pieces in. Left it overnight and looked again the next day.

Thought I had a plan to fix, started to modify the panel, but ended up weakening it and ultimately broke the mounting leg. Still couldnt figure out how I originally got it into trunk, then I couldnt get it out again (mother effer!). Anyway, I smashed it on the driveway. Have to start over...what a waste of time.

Ok, ran into some problems getting things into the trunk. That fucking trunk access and opening is so small its ridiculous.

I originally cut and test fit all panels in the trunk. Then I even made some allowances for thickness of vinyl and carpet. Well, turns out I didnt plan enough. I had a hell of time remembering how to get the trim panel into the trunk...once in, nothing fit. I scratched up the finish pieces getting the panel into the trunk, too.

Couldnt find the nutserts once in, it was dark, I was hot, but finally got it. Then realized it was way too tight and couldnt fit all the finish pieces in. Left it overnight and looked again the next day.

Thought I had a plan to fix, started to modify the panel, but ended up weakening it and ultimately broke the mounting leg. Still couldnt figure out how I originally got it into trunk, then I couldnt get it out again (mother effer!). Anyway, I smashed it on the driveway. Have to start over...what a waste of time.

Been there too. Sorry to hear that man, hope things turn around

Been there too. Sorry to hear that man, hope things turn around

I was so pissed last night. I started on the redesign today. Made a couple new pieces at lunch time today. I should have been putting things together in the car while I was working on them. Oh well.

I will work around the sub box this time while its in the car.

hulk smash...sorry I had to lol..sucks to hear that man. Who knows, you may come up with a design you like even more.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

hulk smash...sorry I had to lol..sucks to hear that man. Who knows, you may come up with a design you like even more.

Lol...hulk did smash. I haven't smashed anything in a long time, may have to up my dosage of happy meds.

To be honest, I wasnt loving some of what I did...my wrapping skills need improvement...those acute angles are tough and I need to avoid them.

• 3 weeks later...

Question for everyone on here...my main battery is located in the trunk. After I install floor panels and amps I will effectively be covering the battery making it impossible to get to if service techs need to disconnect battery (or me for that matter) to service the car.

So the question is...what should I do? Should I fashion the floor pieces to allow access through a small removable panel? This would cause the most work and force me to delay and redesign and re-route wires and relocate the amps. The panel would essentially be right in the middle, too.

I've thought about a battery disconnect switch, too. Has anyone done this?

Question for everyone on here...my main battery is located in the trunk. After I install floor panels and amps I will effectively be covering the battery making it impossible to get to if service techs need to disconnect battery (or me for that matter) to service the car.

So the question is...what should I do? Should I fashion the floor pieces to allow access through a small removable panel? This would cause the most work and force me to delay and redesign and re-route wires and relocate the amps. The panel would essentially be right in the middle, too.

I've thought about a battery disconnect switch, too. Has anyone done this?

Maybe use a circuit breaker?

Archived