Wow awesome build and look forward to the progress on this. What design program did you use to draw those sub box designs?

I wish your wife all the best and hope the cancer never comes back.

Sketchup. I find I'm much more efficient if I design ahead of time. Some folks on here are really good "on the fly" but I seem to waste more time doing that, and when you're limited to evenings after work and some weekends, I need to be as efficient as possible.

And thanks for the kind words.

Also, the whole time I've been working on this, my wife has been having cancer treatments. That also took some time away as I was being mommy and daddy for a long time, but we finally got to the last treatment day and she got to ring the bell!!! Yay....cancer gone and no more treatments!

1006161123a_zpspkdpvr2z.jpg

Best part of this thread. Tell your wife congrats. Beating cancer is way huge

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also, the whole time I've been working on this, my wife has been having cancer treatments. That also took some time away as I was being mommy and daddy for a long time, but we finally got to the last treatment day and she got to ring the bell!!! Yay....cancer gone and no more treatments!

1006161123a_zpspkdpvr2z.jpg

Best part of this thread. Tell your wife congrats. Beating cancer is way huge

Thanks Nate. Its a long road for cancer patients, and it may take another 6 mos for her to feel normal again...but she's glad to be done.

Updates look killer man! I love the use of the insulation around the edges. I have tons of uses for that stuff.

Congrats on your wife's good news! Always good to see another one beat it!

Sheesh it's hard to get time to do anything, daylight is starting to get scarce.

Yesterday I went out at lunch to buy an "add a circuit" fuse adapter. Wasn't able to do anything else until later, but had to get groceries first. Finally was able to install it. I needed a switched 12v for my CleanSweep, which then provides remote turn on for a relay which remote turns on the amps. Tested it, it was good. I pulled a loom of wire I had installed (just in case) but couldn't finish because it got dark.

Finished routing the wire today, buttoned up the fuse panel, and connected the switched 12v to the CleanSweep. Turned on the key and it fired up. Yay! Ran through the calibration cycle for the CleanSweep and 20 seconds later it was dialed in, full range detected, and equalized.

Time for amplifiers!

Wow, as if the build wasn't awesome enough, REALLY glad to hear your wife beat cancer. Best thing in life to hear. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...

Have to update some images today. I have the subwoofer amp installed and its playing!

My daughter is happy now, she missed her bass.

I'm gonna get some new images and hopefully a video of them playing. It took a bit of tuning and configuring to bring the response around to what I wanted.

• 1 month later...

Everything...and I mean everything, about this Camaro is challenging. Something as simple as running speaker wire into the doors turns into a battle of wills.

The doors have the "molex" style plug instead of just a rubber loom into a hole. Some folks have drilled out the plastic connector to run a single new wire speaker through it to a crossover they mount inside the door. I dont much like a crossover inside the door, plus I'm going to run my speakers active, so I needed 2 new wires. I didnt want to mangle up the connector plus 2 wires is too big. The only alternative left ? Drill a new hole.

Easier said than done. There is no room to do this from the outside without taking off the door. I searched around on the camaro5 forum and found a brave soul who drilled the door. Turns out if you use a small cordless drill, you can drill from the inside (hand and drill in the door through the speaker opening).

Again, easier said than done. The first door I tried to drill with the connector and wiring in place and when I finally declared success and had the hole drilled, I peeked in only to find I just shredded the wiring harness inside the door!!! :Doh:

Luckily (if you can say that) I only hit 4 wires. This forced me to figure out how to get the connector out so I could splice in some new wire to fix this.

1210161239_HDR_zpszerwklis.jpg

All fixed.

1210161308_HDR_zpsgrcekjaf.jpg

The speaker wires are fished from the inside through a cavity with an inner opening and an offest outer opening that feeds into the rubber loom. I was able to cut the loom and pull 2 sets of speaker wire through the loom and then out of the loom.

1211161338a_zpssvog1hyp.jpg

Here it with connector back in place and the new speaker wire going into the door with new rubber grommet.

1211161413_zpsdg6usixc.jpg

There is another style grommet that I ordered which is water proof, then I'm gonna loom over the exposed wire at the same time I change that to clean it up. This took several hours over 3 days. Good grief is all I can say.

Now that the wire is in, next up is actually installing the new Hertz HSKs. I have the speakers, I have the new speaker adapters, I have the wire and amps so everything is ready. Its just so damn COLD outside!!!

Nice attention to details.

We can see you want to do everything right in the first time.

Congrats and good luck.

I'm tuned in.

Congratulations for your wife too. That's a great victory !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived