So, I opened the package of my speaker adapters, they're PVC and an exact replacement for the OEM ones, and what do you know, I got shipped 2 different adapters!!!! They're supposed to be a matching pair. Ugh. SMH. They are so different looking I don't know how you can screw that up.

Time to email vendor, they have money back guarantee so I'm sure they'll fix this.

Well done with the door wiring. My Chevy Sonic has the same plastic connection at the door hinge. If only Chevy would leave a small rubber/plastic grommet in the door jamb!

I removed the two front doors and drilled thru the door jamb on the chassis side, and the door of course.

Nice, efficient build man.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Just read through your build. First off happy for your wife and family for beating cancer. Cant imagine what that would be like.

The Camaro is bad ass. Love the color and RS SS option. My first car was a 1967 Camaro back in 1984. Ya I am older (well my body is lol)

Nice build so far man. I can relate to the smashing of the box after trying to get it installed. I have had my frustrating times but that's how

we learn right?

Keep up the good work and take care of that family too. Happy for you.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Just read through your build. First off happy for your wife and family for beating cancer. Cant imagine what that would be like.

The Camaro is bad ass. Love the color and RS SS option. My first car was a 1967 Camaro back in 1984. Ya I am older (well my body is lol)

Nice build so far man. I can relate to the smashing of the box after trying to get it installed. I have had my frustrating times but that's how

we learn right?

Keep up the good work and take care of that family too. Happy for you.

Thanks man. I was in high school in the 80s and everyone was driving late 60s early 70s Camaros and Chevelles. I was mad jelly. That's part of the reason I have one now. The other part is that I can't stop looking at it and grinning.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so I had 3 weeks worth of vacation in December and got a little more done.  Sometimes the weather cooperated, sometimes it didn't.

I cleaned up the door wiring by using weather proof grommets and this sweet cloth tape that matches the OEM tape used in my car.

1228161328c_zpstqkufd7e.jpg

1228161351_HDR_zpsozencdsc.jpg

Boom, nice and clean...looks factory.  Can I tell you again, these doors were a pain in the ass!

1228161419a_zps4jdfakcx.jpg

1228161421_zpsm2xo2etp.jpg

Here is the OEM woofer and my new Hertz HSK 165 woofer

1228161459_zpstujbqzw7.jpg

Here's my workshop in the driveway...

1230161250a_zpsqvancazr.jpg

New woof installed...

1230161356_zpsendsexhq.jpg

The stock door tweeter pods have a "cup" molded into them and the Hertz tweeter fit pretty good...I used craft wire to create a harness to strap the tweeter in place...

1230161057a_zpsjvzu6psu.jpg

I had grind off the lip of the tweeter to make it fit

1230161058b_zps3ihyvlwp.jpg

and in it goes...used the cloth tape to tighten things up (don't look at the cat hair stuck to the tape)

1230161102_zpskhokyerv.jpg

Archived