any new progress man im definitely tuned in on this beautiful work in limited space

I do have some progress to report. I have most of the finish work done on the box and trim panels and I will post some pictures soon.

I'm trying to think of everything I might ever want to wire/install before I start installing in the car and its slooooowwwing me down. I did install 2 runs of speaker wire for each door (going to be active) and that is routed, installed some RCAs for a PAC LC-1 and that is routed from the trunk into the car. Still don't know where I'll put it, but likely mount it in the center console. I want to run some more wires for an OM-1 and a VM-1 and *possibly* some extra RCAs because I wont be keeping this Chevy MyLink radio forever.

So, still more to do. I'll post some images later today.

So its going to be sealed?

Yes, this box will be sealed. Its not the norm on this site and wasn't that way in my other car, but it was hard to fit both existing drivers plus the port in the 2 box design I'm using.

I will revisit the box design and driver later. When the SMD 12 can be bought, I might use it as a single driver ported.

We'll see.

So its going to be sealed?

Yes, this box will be sealed. Its not the norm on this site and wasn't that way in my other car, but it was hard to fit both existing drivers plus the port in the 2 box design I'm using.

I will revisit the box design and driver later. When the SMD 12 can be bought, I might use it as a single driver ported.

We'll see.

I think it would be sweet to, at some point, build a port as a 3rd piece to go in the middle. Then you could compare the difference too which would be pretty cool.

There is a space limitation. With these 2 pieces bolted together, it fits in between 2 humps in the trunk floor.

If I want to make it wider (I do have a sweet design for that) I have to account for the small humps on the floor, which means building indents into the box. So, for now, it can't be wider than it is.

Archived