Second Skin Audio

Kulicki Box For The Fjc-finished-videos

I will get to work on it by the end of the week. Just taking my type -R subs and giving them a better home. ( see link in sig.) This is a box designed more just as a SQL setup, although he says that I will hear and feel a drastic improvement in the SPL department. Prolly so. Since I put in the alpine imprint deck and the 2 sets of JL comps, I have really began to appreciate a well balanced clean sounding system. This should be the last step for a while, except for maybe a battery or two sometime over the summer...

Posted Image

Posted Image

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be at the home depot right now, but I am in a motel room 150 miles from the house....

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

I had to finish the flooring in the dining room today, but I got the enclosure started. I should be able to get back at it tomorrow, as long as I don't get called to work...

Some of the panel were not glued down yet in the first few pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is where I left it today, that is the top panel, the top baffle over the subs, and the rest of Dad's hard wood floor and shoe mold that I will get to later in the week if he doesn't get to it first...

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

Guest Dylan Dude

Sweet design. Should be awesome when it's done. What amp are you gonna be using? Definatly post vids when it's done.

Oh and are you supposed to be doing a double baffle? the design doesn't show one.

alpine amp. Check the sig. Yeah I talked to pete and we made a addition, so they would look recessed...

My Kulicki Box Build

For some reason, the top plate that I routed the larger holes in , did not come out parallel , but worry not. Once I put the top of the box on, It should balance out nicely once the roundover bit does its thing. I measured twice, cut once, and something still got off. One recess is just under a 1/8" higher than the other. I cut it large enough to begin with so the subs will still fit in just fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This little stick with the string on it is to hold the panel at 90 degrees when the top of the box goes on, not glued or anything just cut to the proper length and held in by pressure. Once the top goes on and the glue dries good, I will give the string a tug and pull the brace out...

Posted Image

This is where I left it today. The strips of MDF laying on top of the box are my 45 degree triangles to place in all the corners. After that, a good sanding inside , glue the top down, route all the outside edges and paint it.

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

Holy port area batman.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one