Sundown Audio

Gonna ask here instead of starting another thread as it's along the same lines as OP

Wondering how two dual 2 ohm 12's on my scv-2000 amp @ 2 ohms would sound.

Not looking to gain anything over my Zv4 10" just an idea i'm considering to switch things up, thoughts?

Gain a bunch of cone area, increase the efficientcy of the amp, lower any strain on the electrical, doesn't seem i could go wrong.

Did i just answer my own question there?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Markous- just make sure you set the gains on your amp carefully. These SD-3's are easier to bottom out than the other beefier models. But when you get it set right they are really nice. Do you plan on doing a separate chamber sealed box or shared chamber sealed.....or something else? I know how good my single 12 sounds, and I bet two would be pretty nice. What is your frontstage consist of? I have a full active HAT 3-way front stage in mine.

Markous- just make sure you set the gains on your amp carefully. These SD-3's are easier to bottom out than the other beefier models. But when you get it set right they are really nice. Do you plan on doing a separate chamber sealed box or shared chamber sealed.....or something else? I know how good my single 12 sounds, and I bet two would be pretty nice. What is your frontstage consist of? I have a full active HAT 3-way front stage in mine.

I'd probably use the -5db track on the dd-1 i have to set the gain for it if this setup actually happens. Gonna do seperate chambers in a shared enclosure.

I'm just running Alpine type R 6X8's on a sundown 50.4 in the four factory spots, planning on swapping them out for Sundown 6.5 coax's and powering them with a 100.4 and an audiocontrol eqs to tune.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers