soundskin

mecaman86

Link to product in question ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Secondskin?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 months later...

I know Doug from Soundman just put some in the mule.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, CR Boom said:

Love the product.    Used damp and damp pro. 

Have the deadened and spray sitting and waiting for spring to hit. 

soundskin not secondskin.

soundskin is part of the mobile solutions family from what i can tell.  hence the use on soundman.  not hating just knowing the advertising point.

Has nothing to do with MobileSolutions, they are just a retailer.
As for people using it, they are usually being gave the free product for promotion so keep that in mind and never let that be your soul reason for buying ANY product and always do your research.

That being said, it comes rolled up in tubes causes a little creasing in the deadener which results in some thinner spots of butyl compared to a brand that comes flat packed.

The Pro is only 1.5mm thick of butyl so that a hair under 60mil (so comparable butyl thickness of Damplifier, however Damplifier Pro is 80mil) and then 3mm of foam. It comes as one 0.5 by 2 meters sheet and weighs 6lbs.

The Lite is the same 1.5mm but without the foil. It comes as two 0.5 by 1 meter sheets and weighs 8.4lbs.

Its also a Chinese deadener, whoops I mean Made in P.R.C. (Peoples Republic of China) according to the packaging. 

One thing I dont understand is how the Pro is lighter in weight than the Lite, when they are the same thickness, same square footage, and the light doesn't even have foil. So one would think that there has to be a variation in the butyl since thats where all the weight comes from. So is lighter weight really better in a product like this? Typically when you sound deaden you want some mass to load down the panel and a thick foil to add additional rigidity. 

In my opinion its a much thinner copy of the STFU deadener thats been on the market long before the SoundSkins. So if I was to buy any all-in-one deadener with a ccf Id probably buy that which is a lot thicker.
Also the naming of the brand almost seems to be so intentional to make a play on SecondSkins name in an attempt to live off the success of a well known brand. I mean even one guy seen the name and thought this thread was about SecondSkin and not SoundSkins.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, audiofanaticz said:

Has nothing to do with MobileSolutions, they are just a retailer.
As for people using it, they are usually being gave the free product for promotion so keep that in mind and never let that be your soul reason for buying ANY product and always do your research.

That being said, it comes rolled up in tubes causes a little creasing in the deadener which results in some thinner spots of butyl compared to a brand that comes flat packed.

The Pro is only 1.5mm thick of butyl so that a hair under 60mil (so comparable butyl thickness of Damplifier, however Damplifier Pro is 80mil) and then 3mm of foam. It comes as one 0.5 by 2 meters sheet and weighs 6lbs.

The Lite is the same 1.5mm but without the foil. It comes as two 0.5 by 1 meter sheets and weighs 8.4lbs.

Its also a Chinese deadener, whoops I mean Made in P.R.C. (Peoples Republic of China) according to the packaging. 

One thing I dont understand is how the Pro is lighter in weight than the Lite, when they are the same thickness, same square footage, and the light doesn't even have foil. So one would think that there has to be a variation in the butyl since thats where all the weight comes from. So is lighter weight really better in a product like this? Typically when you sound deaden you want some mass to load down the panel and a thick foil to add additional rigidity. 

In my opinion its a much thinner copy of the STFU deadener thats been on the market long before the SoundSkins. So if I was to buy any all-in-one deadener with a ccf Id probably buy that which is a lot thicker.
Also the naming of the brand almost seems to be so intentional to make a play on SecondSkins name in an attempt to live off the success of a well known brand. I mean even one guy seen the name and thought this thread was about SecondSkin and not SoundSkins.

Thanks for the kind words and honest knowledge about the differences in our products to theirs. Yep, it is kind of sad that they named themselves so close to a brand that has been one of the industry leaders for 18 years. We appreciate people helping others know what they are getting. Have an awesome day!!! #SMDFTW  

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Archived