Second Skin Audio

Slot Port Length Check

In Torres with the box size you have in the 12volt calculator i get a box net volume of 5.25 cu.ft. and a tune of 38 Hz. the problem is neither of the above calculators take into account the net volume of the box after port, sub and bracing displacement. to get you a tune of 28 Hz at 7 cu.ft your external dimensions need to be atleast 24x25x35 with a port 4x25x38 in. long

40" would be the length, but why tune so low?

Just going by what this program is saying. However, it's saying tune lower for my drivers. Am I missing something?

L7bXPUk.jpg

Just going by what this program is saying. However, it's saying tune lower for my drivers. Am I missing something?

L7bXPUk.jpg

What calculator is this?

L7bXPUk.jpg

The program is telling you where to tune your box?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

how many common walls does your port have? how many walls are part of the box, how many are not. That is important

I'll be porting at the bottom of the enclosure and the subs baffle will be on the top. So the port should share the sides of the box.

L7bXPUk.jpg

What calculator is this?

Carstereo.com

L7bXPUk.jpg

The program is telling you where to tune your box?

The instruction says to use the Fb number to tune the vent too. Did I miss something? Here is the whole clip from carstereo.com

cBtdlMB.jpg

Archived