XS Power

XS Power 1005 Intellicharger - Rocks!

1005-turn-837x782.jpg

I bought one of these a while ago. In that time, I've used it to bring back TWO batteries from the dead. I've had an older 14V Intellicharger for a while but the 1005 does 12V, 14V and 16V batteries so it was a no brainer upgrade.

1 - A nearly new Red Top Optima that for some reason was resting below 1V after just 30 days in the car. [i just couldn't fit an XS Power battery in this application.] Firstly, I've never seen a battery register less than a volt - ever. This one did. [This is Phoenix, the proving grounds for automotive batteries . . . but it hadn't even gotten hot yet!] So, I connected up the Intellicharger and let it do its thing over the course of 48 hours. I chose the 5A charge rate as the battery was so freakin' dead and had little hope. Surprise - not only did the Intellicharger bring it back to life, but that battery hasn't given me a lick of trouble in 3 months now! It's almost like this battery wasn't really "fresh" when I got it.

2 - I come home one day to my elderly neighbor swapping the battery out of her Escalade. [she was doing a damn fine job too with her Stanley tool kit!] I offered to help her as she was having a difficult time lifting the old battery out. As she had already purchased a new battery for it, I finished the swap and buttoned up the job. Success. I took her old battery to the shop and it measured around 12.4 VDC. Hmmm . . . I load tested it with my Snap-On carbon pile and it fell flat on its face. So, I put it on the Intellicharger and let it rip overnight. The next day, I load tested it again and it passed with flying colors. I've never seen a flooded lead acid battery recover so quickly from a load test. It was resting at 12.8 VDC before and immediately after the 15 second load test.

Intellicharger FTW.

You need one. In short order, this charger will pay for itself many times over.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 3 weeks later...