Good job buddy! What changes have you made to gain on your SPL score if you don't mind me asking? You are very close to that 150 my friend and I know you will have it very soon if you keep it up.

I recently put up a decent offering in my Jetta trunk car. Just messing around with a friend's Sundown Audio scv6000d on my Sundown X15v2 in a 4.25cuft enclosure tuned to 34hz I put up a 148.5 on the dash sealed at 37hz. I have a very modest electrical that consists of a stock 65ah battery, a stock 140amp alternator, and a rear battery consisting of an XS Power d3100. So with very slim power to support the scv6000d I am making a shade under 2700 watts. The sub is firing towards the rear completely inside the trunk of the Jetta and the port is on the side of the enclosure facing the driver's side of the vehicle. Not too shabby off of a single 15 with 2700 watts and low tuned peaking at 37hz out of a trunk install.

Do you have any plans for new equipment or possibly a new box for the vehicle? I think I am going to switch to 2 12" Sundown Audio Zv5 subwoofers. Obviously I am going to reinforce my electrical in the vehicle if I plan to run more power. I have a Sundown scv2000d that I normally run and I am either going to add a second one or upgrade to larger amps.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job buddy! What changes have you made to gain on your SPL score if you don't mind me asking? You are very close to that 150 my friend and I know you will have it very soon if you keep it up.

I recently put up a decent offering in my Jetta trunk car. Just messing around with a friend's Sundown Audio scv6000d on my Sundown X15v2 in a 4.25cuft enclosure tuned to 34hz I put up a 148.5 on the dash sealed at 37hz. I have a very modest electrical that consists of a stock 65ah battery, a stock 140amp alternator, and a rear battery consisting of an XS Power d3100. So with very slim power to support the scv6000d I am making a shade under 2700 watts. The sub is firing towards the rear completely inside the trunk of the Jetta and the port is on the side of the enclosure facing the driver's side of the vehicle. Not too shabby off of a single 15 with 2700 watts and low tuned peaking at 37hz out of a trunk install.

Do you have any plans for new equipment or possibly a new box for the vehicle? I think I am going to switch to 2 12" Sundown Audio Zv5 subwoofers. Obviously I am going to reinforce my electrical in the vehicle if I plan to run more power. I have a Sundown scv2000d that I normally run and I am either going to add a second one or upgrade to larger amps.

Thanks!

Biggest change is dropping to .25ohm at comps, so I make about 3kw at peak hz raising to 1ohm. I've also shrunk the box a bit and uppgraded to 0 gauge from stock alt all the way back, positive and negative run. Also minor tweaks like AC on/off sun visors up/down etc. Next major step would be to shorten port (or new box as I like this and dont want to ruin it) to icrease tuning and create more backpressure for the woofers. But then my impedance will drop and i cant run .25 anymore so I need a .5ohm setup and preferably bigger amp. I'm right at xmec as it is now, theese woofers have limitet throw with small spiders and 4" coil. Also considering new woofers, I have an offer for two DD 9512j I miiight take. Would run DD amp on them as well. Would also love to try out sundown.

I figure if I remove beauty panels I'll gain a bit for that 150 :P

What woofers are those ?

Your install looks really good.

+10 dB from start to ...now. Congratulations. That's amazing. :good:

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

What woofers are those ?

Your install looks really good.

+10 dB from start to ...now. Congratulations. That's amazing. :good:

Well not 10db, In reality it's like 3-4db but thanks :P

They're a Norwegian brand called LIB (Lyd i bilen = Sound in car), fairly budget friendly brand.

Similar to SoundQubed, SPL dynamics, some DD redline woofers etc. That kind of build style.

• 1 month later...

I like how you trimmed out the sub box, nice build

Wow, thanks Mark :D

• 10 months later...

Maybe time to revive this log a bit :D Working on the a-pillars again, it's only been a year..

Have had turbo issues and had to replace an engine, it has affected the stereo progress a bit.

Still want a dd m4/5 amp for my 9500s so I can be a little loud. Got my hands on a Mosconi AS100.4 

for my 3way setup at least.

DSC_0058_zpsyne5omlm.jpg

Cool build man, i hope to see more soon. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived