Second Skin Audio

Need a box for SPL comp.

MPAGE7399

I actually just looked up a few myself last night as well and i do see a lot of people using a single 8" for 2 12s, however this only allows for 10 square inches of port per cubic foot of air when i like to see at the very least 16in^2 per foot in an SPL application. As far as a slot port goes in this particular enclosure you would be giving up about .25ft^3 over using an aero which i believe will hurt your total output when it's said and done. The hardest part of all of this is since you are using custom subs i have no T/S parameters to give me a general idea of how these subs will perform at a given area per foot of port. I have to be in class this afternoon so let me think on this for a bit and i'll get back to you tonight. We'll get something figured out and it'll be loud as shit tho, don't worry man.

Screenshot%20101_zpsko3zgb2a.png

Screenshot%20104_zpsdsz2ocy0.png

Screenshot%20103_zpsp0lb4oh6.png

3_zpscdhjnze8.png

Ok so here is the new baffle design. This is based off audible engineering's 8" aero kit because in my opinion they make some of the best ports out there. You are going to have to chop the port down some tho because you need it at 8" long and the shortest they make is 12". Also when you mount it in the box it will have to stick out about 2.5" to clear the surround of the subs because they are mounted so close together. Get me those pics of the trunk and what not whenever you can and i'll be able to see how i need to modify the box to fit better.

Screenshot%20105_zpsldfx4b2x.png

Screenshot%20106_zps5dqnnkui.png

Screenshot%20107_zps9rn3bvdo.png

Screenshot%20108_zpsbflfsdcs.png

97%20Jetta%20SPL%20Trunk%204_zpsh6hur3wd

Here's what i have made up for the new dimensions. Sorry for making the last design so complicated but i didn't realize the trunk had an uneven floor. Anyway this ups your final volume to 5.36 cubes and puts your tuning right around 42.4hz which will be about perfect for a 4 door sedan. Most of the internal bracing you see is just a suggestion if you decide to run more power to your subs, however the 2 braces against the inside of the baffle i highly recommend because of the size of the holes cut into it, it will flex. I also suggest sealing the baffle off from the trunk so you aren't wasting pressure from air getting behind the box into the trunk instead of the cabin. Check the measurements when you get a chance and let me know if this will work.

Archived