Sundown Audio

Question about Sundown Audio's warranty.

Is sundown audio's warranty any good? If I blow a sub using recommended power with recommended enclosure will they fix it? ( i know volume kills subs not power) Their warranty section online wasn't real impressive if that's wat they go by 100% of the time. I own 2 sa12's and was gonna order 2 more for my wife's suv but while i was in my local shop I had a conversation with the crossfire rep. I know his job is to sell crossfire but when I told him what I was installing he said "at least you get a warranty with crossfire". I informed him I had a two year warranty and he said "blow a sub and see if they cover you". Supposedly crossfire covers anything including stupidity. My question is has anyone used sundowns warranty on a sub and if so did they cover you? Sorry for the long post!!!

9 times out of 10 a blown sub is the users fault.

I doubt crossfire covers stupidity....

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I do knoow crossfire warranty there amps really well.

On the other hand dealing with shops might have more pull with warranty than a single individual,the one shop I worked at before they was able to warranty alot of things even subs.

I know my local shop will replace a crossfire sub regardless. I mean I bought sundown and I like sundown better for several reasons. However I have a goofy friend that bought an entry level cross fire sub and a 500.1 crossfire amp he blew 2 subs and they switched them out no questions asked. On the 3rd he upgraded to the mid level and he hasn't blew it but I don't know how it hasn't blowed lol he distorts that thing to death.

We do not cover stupidity or abuse on blown subwoofers. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship.

In cases of abuse a re-cone fee is charged -- and usually a brand new woofer is sent out.

That being said... our products are rated such that if you do BLOW one you probably aren't running it anywhere near the rating and/or in anything resembling the correct enclosure.

This is my favorite analogy... if you go buy a new Ferrari and crash it into a wall -- should you be covered by warranty ? No... that is what insurance is for. A warranty IS NOT an insurance policy.

Edited by sundownz
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been running 2 sa v1 15's on almost triple (clamped) the rms rating for over 5 years now and they are still running strong. They get a tiny bit smelly if its full volume on a slightly slipped song and thats it. Never have been reconed or touched at all.

Point being if you are tuned right and your box is correct, these subs will perform flawlessly for a long time.

Edited by kandiman71874

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Putting 3k on 3SA-10's and they love it, distortion is a huge killer of subs , nothing wrong with good clean power .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Putting 3k on 3SA-10's and they love it, distortion is a huge killer of subs , nothing wrong with good clean power .

Good clean power can kill speakers too,

Don't be confused about that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Good clean power can kill speakers too,

Don't be confused about that.

He's also running sealed. Gives it a little more cushion