Sundown Audio

Experts only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slinky

That is what I've been told by folks who had fried amps, took them to get fixed, and later went back in to see how much the parts only cost. Some were parts...50-75...the rest was labor, which ended up being about 125 for 2 hours of work. And others were 125+ in parts and double that in labor. I don't know how to fix amps and I've never fried an amp, that is just what I've seen happen to some friends who had that problem. 

'Some were parts...50-75...the rest was labor, which ended up being about 125 for 2 hours of work.'

Thats the low end of your example, let's work with that one. Let's assume middle ground of 60 for parts, deduct from 125 = 65 labor and divide that by two hours = 32.50/hr.

I charge 50/hr flat for all repair related services including pro-audio and coin-op. Do you feel I am charging too much? and if so please elaborate.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

In other words, they kinda said it's your fault for not upgrading your alt. Which shouldn't have been the problem. IMO it was something with the amp that just kinda "let go" and decided to take a shit on you. Either find a local shop with a good rep for fixing amps, or find someone you know won't mess it up and get them to do it. Parts are pretty cheap, it's the labor that most places screw you on.

Thank you thank you thank you and thank you audio doc.  i fuckin knew it was a lemon or somethin cause my pa 3000db is holdin up fine.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

until i find someone to fix the amp, it will sit in my closet and collect dust while i bump like hell with my pa3000db.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/