Collonite 845

Best wax for the price, great beading, stays on the car for at least 4 months. (around 4-6 months on average if you wash the car properly and don't wash it every 3 days..)

I've used chemical guys butter wax. It works good. Goes on nice with a machine polisher and wipes off easy

Good wax, decent price, gives a nice wet look, doesn't stay on the car for long. (expect around 1 month, maybe 6 weeks if you are lucky)

Used lots of products in my day and without a doubt I would recommend Wolfgang fuzion. It's pricey, but you cannot beat the look it gives

I had it on my black Evo that is shown in the beginning of this video (watch in HD). Of course I did a ton of paint correction as well, but you can see how amazing it looks if you know what you're doing. Just watch the first few seconds until you see the black evo, the rest of the video sucks

Great wax, but overpriced. Only worth if you care going after that extra 2 percent extra shine...

Poorboy's world Natty's Paste Wax Black is a great wax for black paint, stays on the car for around 2-3 months, gives good beading.

But the combination of Poorboy's world black hole glaze and collonite 845 has a great look and good protection without breaking the bank.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which qualities are you looking for in a wax?

Protection?

Shine/wet look?

Beading?

Sheeting?

Long wax life?

If protection is your number one concern, wax isn't the best solution, but a coating is.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Great wax, but overpriced. Only worth if you care going after that extra 2 percent extra shine...

Agreed. My first small jar was free when I bought my original PC 7424, and the larger jar I just got was only $50.00 because it had the small sticker on the bottom which was a manufacturer defect. I think that jar normally is $200

Ohh shit that's cheap compared to the glass coat. Well the glass coat is a protective sealer, takes like three steps. It's a hair under $600 for everything.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.amazon.com/Protectant-Automotive-Technology-Carnauba-Sealants/dp/B07B7D9NW4

used ethos on a 2015 f150 Deep Red turned out great and sounds like its holding its own yet, and about to do my camaro

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Been using Meguiar’s Ceramic spray wax , love it this is my wife’s hood and I waxed it last Sunday and it rained twice this week, water just falls off it. It’s like glass.

FF5E3F78-2549-49A6-8F1A-0E272A192F26.jpeg

BAE963E1-15B2-4405-A4D0-69094EF8A353.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

There’s still nothing better then using a buffer but that takes to much time 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived