So I found this little soapbox speech on a "friend of a friend" Facebook page. It was so special I just had to share it:

Racism isn't about individual racists. Not being a klansman doesn't make you a good person, it just means you didn't go out of your way to be a monster.
By virtue of having a race, you necessarily participate in a racist system, and by that system's nature, inaction is perpetuation. There is a lasting imbalance of power and advantage that was forged through many years of theft, murder, and slavery. You may not have kept slaves, but if you're white you benefit because somebody did.
It's a zero sum game: for things to get better for everyone else, things have to get worse for the group in power. Beating racism isn't about feeling guilty in a way that makes other people's suffering about you, nor is it about feeling superior to people who use slurs. Beating racism, for a white person, is about strategically making things harder for yourself in order to return what was forcibly taken. It's not a noble sacrifice, either: you have to go out of your way just to stop being an accessory to crimes committed for your benefit. It's an ongoing process, and it's never really done.
If that sounds hard and unpleasant, now you know why racism is still a thing.
So, while there is some shred of logic to a few things in there, there are some things that made my brain divide by zero. What are anyone else's thoughts?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

In before hate or no hate
Being half black and half white, I'm interested to see people version of racism

So I found this little soapbox speech on a "friend of a friend" Facebook page. It was so special I just had to share it:

Racism isn't about individual racists. Not being a klansman doesn't make you a good person, it just means you didn't go out of your way to be a monster.
By virtue of having a race, you necessarily participate in a racist system, and by that system's nature, inaction is perpetuation. There is a lasting imbalance of power and advantage that was forged through many years of theft, murder, and slavery. You may not have kept slaves, but if you're white you benefit because somebody did.
It's a zero sum game: for things to get better for everyone else, things have to get worse for the group in power. Beating racism isn't about feeling guilty in a way that makes other people's suffering about you, nor is it about feeling superior to people who use slurs. Beating racism, for a white person, is about strategically making things harder for yourself in order to return what was forcibly taken. It's not a noble sacrifice, either: you have to go out of your way just to stop being an accessory to crimes committed for your benefit. It's an ongoing process, and it's never really done.
If that sounds hard and unpleasant, now you know why racism is still a thing.
So, while there is some shred of logic to a few things in there, there are some things that made my brain divide by zero. What are anyone else's thoughts?

People need to go on with their lives, stop being goddamn cunts all the time, stop doing things that are BY THE LAW illegal, and protect themselves in any way necessary from the true bullshit of the world.

These motherfuckers need to go take a little vacation to the Africa, Russia, or the Middle East. See how they fare and how many people put up with their shit. America has it good, people are just bad and lazy. You can make a family supporting wage just by flipping bullshit online or bulk ordering and reselling in this modern world, people just have no incentive. Maybe I'm not even staying on topic, but shit I just get tired of it all.

Where the person who wrote that speech started to lose me was "for things to get better for everyone else, things have to get worse for the group in power". Its probably the wording that bothers me most. Whenever someone is talking about making things worse for another group, that just sounds like a path to more racism. The better way to have phrased it would have been (IMHO) "for things to get better for everyone else, the group in power has to cease artificially benefiting".

The person's solution for white people to beat racism sounds totally ridiculous to me. As a white person, my plan for beating racism to teach my kids that it is wrong, and to teach them to recognize people who promote racism for personal gain (mainly politicians) and not fall for it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Over sympathizing isn't going to magically fix the issue. Becoming missionaries for the cause is always a band-aid solution. The problem is a lot more complex than that.

Ah the good old you should feel guilty for being born white.

That one never gets old.

It's funny how people cry about slavery but neglect to acknowledge the fact the at some point in history every race of people has been enslaved,

Often by their own race.

There were even white slaves in the untied states, but you never here about that(yes I know it wasn't to the same extent as black slaves)

Fact is that whoever is the majority in any country will always be portrayed as the oppressor and the minority as the oppressed even though that's far from reality.

People need to wake up and realize it's not a system that's about black and white, it's a system that's about rich and poor.

Also, this is gonna be a hard one for people that think like this swallow but racism comes in every color.

Long story short race is not a valid reason to use as to why someone did or didn't succeed in life, we all need to sit back and take responsibility for our own actions that led us to where we are in life.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

People are up in arms over sensationalist media. No one wants to tune in at 5 and 10 unless there is scandalous headline. Statistically there are much bigger problems to worry about but people can't think farther than their tv screen and what it spews at them.

The discussions get heated around here at times but I definitely like hearing the differing ideas of other people capable of critical thinking.

its all a joke, imagine if blacks were treated like illegal immigrants from mexico making less than min wage and working long hours with multiple families to a home. No one really does shit about that.

Life aint so bad. also can i ask a serious question?

why do a large majority of blacks in this country have the accent they do, but not a single one in any other country does?

Archived