Second Skin Audio

**Sa 12s ported enclosure help!!**

mike12

Hello i currently have a 3.6 cu box tuned around 36 hz with two 4 inch aeroports 12 inches in length. the box measures 34"w x 16"h x 16"d outside dimensions. i want a new box for my 2 sa 12s that will work perfect with the new bc2000d amp that is on its way looking for something for rock and rap styles of music i would like to try a slotted port design with a flush baffle for the subs. i currently have the box firing into the cabin and would like to do the same thing with the new box. i have 38" x 17" x 17" max space if it is firing into cabin. the car is a 2011 ford focus ses sedan. if you guys could give me ideas, designs, tips, anything i would greatly appreciate it!!!!! THANKS!

20160705_175733.jpg

you need more room. According to Torres your current box is 3.9 cu.ft. tuned to 32.67 hz. I allowed for .2 cu.ft bracing and a double baffle plus displacement for subs. so should be pretty close. You don't have near enough port area to run 2000 watts. to run slotted port would be 15.5" tall by 5" wide which would drop your net way down. Need more room.

you need more room. According to Torres your current box is 3.9 cu.ft. tuned to 32.67 hz. I allowed for .2 cu.ft bracing and a double baffle plus displacement for subs. so should be pretty close. You don't have near enough port area to run 2000 watts. to run slotted port would be 15.5" tall by 5" wide which would drop your net way down. Need more room.

so if i added bigger ports in the same box for instance it would be better?

I get 3.5 net @ 36Hz, as said above your port area is very low, about 25 square inches, you would need some 60+ square inches of port area.

would something around 4 cu ft with an 6 or 8 inch aeroport work? something around 34 hz?

Archived