New Build complete

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hifonix said:

I would be happy to help you pick parts for a build, or answer any questions you have about building one.

Well here's what we have picked out so far:

Corsair Carbide Spec-Alpha tower

AMD FX-8370 Black edition w/ Wraith Cooler

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Board

Ripjaws V series RAM (32gb)

GTX 1080 Strix Graphics

Seagate 2tb Firecuda SSHD

Corsair CX850M power supply

I'm pretty noob when it comes to building a pc so i really don't even know if this will all work together and what else i'll need. I currently run a pre built cybertron that does ok but doesn't quite run some games at the settings and speed i would like (My heavily modded Fallout 4 has rendering and frame rate issues i've traced to hardware limitations for example). So yea any input you could give would be greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, Wasteland_Audio said:

GTX 1080 Strix Graphics

I'm pretty noob when it comes to building a pc so i really don't even know if this will all work together and what else i'll need. I currently run a pre built cybertron that does ok but doesn't quite run some games at the settings and speed i would like (My heavily modded Fallout 4 has rendering and frame rate issues i've traced to hardware limitations for example). So yea any input you could give would be greatly appreciated!

What are your goals/usage? Budget?

Nice scores!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

7 hours ago, Wasteland_Audio said:

GTX 1080 Strix Graphics

So if at all possible, I would wait for Ryzen CPU's to come out if you are dead set on running AMD. Then you could step up to DDR4 ram. I couldnt recommend using DDR3 in a brand new build.
DDR4 even if you start with a lower amount say 16gb you can add to it fairly easy.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194

I use Tom's hardware to check each part for performance/price...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html

The best CPU around the 200$ mark would be the Intel I5 7600K Kabylake 239$ The Intel CPU's would require a cooler either air or water.(socket 1151)( You could always upgrade to a I7 at a later date)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117728

ASUS makes motherboards around the same 200$ mark for that CPU (socket 1151) 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132931

The case, graphics card and power supply all look good, nice solid components.

The SSHD is OK but dont expect SSD speeds out of it.

You may want a CD/DVD drive, and you will need a Operating system.

Keep in mind you can spend more or less on each part but you will get what you pay for, those are just some ideas I threw together pretty quick this morning. The motherboard and CPU both need to be the same socket just watch out for that and take your time when building for cable management and you should be good to go. Should you have any other questions let me know, happy to help :)

Under Construction

4 hours ago, hifonix said:

So if at all possible, I would wait for Ryzen CPU's to come out if you are dead set on running AMD. Then you could step up to DDR4 ram. I couldnt recommend using DDR3 in a brand new build.
DDR4 even if you start with a lower amount say 16gb you can add to it fairly easy.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194

I use Tom's hardware to check each part for performance/price...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html

The best CPU around the 200$ mark would be the Intel I5 7600K Kabylake 239$ The Intel CPU's would require a cooler either air or water.(socket 1151)( You could always upgrade to a I7 at a later date)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117728

ASUS makes motherboards around the same 200$ mark for that CPU (socket 1151) 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132931

The case, graphics card and power supply all look good, nice solid components.

The SSHD is OK but dont expect SSD speeds out of it.

You may want a CD/DVD drive, and you will need a Operating system.

Keep in mind you can spend more or less on each part but you will get what you pay for, those are just some ideas I threw together pretty quick this morning. The motherboard and CPU both need to be the same socket just watch out for that and take your time when building for cable management and you should be good to go. Should you have any other questions let me know, happy to help :)

^ Good  advice
If you do want an i7, I say wait a bit until you can afford it instead of going i5 then stepping up, that would significantly increase your expenditure.

Also, the 16GB will be enough for a lot of the things you could potentially be doing, UNLESS you love to have many things open at a time, and will definitely go past 16GB, then go for 32. Personally, I think 16GB will do well for modded games. Many forums, like Toms hardware, has had the topic of how much RAM is enough for different usages if you don't know how much you actually will need, I suggest taking a look at it.

The SSHD, I say drop completely and invest in a SSD and a 1tb HDD for stuff that doesn't need to be on the SSD such as music, side apps like ventrilo, skype, and many other folders (music, documents, pictures). Trust us, SSD speeds will make you and your heavily modded games happier, nothing beats amazing load times. 

For the GPU, I like it. I  say to make sure you pair it with a nice monitor to get the full benefits of having that beast of a graphics card in your tower.

Just let us know what your budget is, and I am sure either one of us could help throw together suggestions even easier.

Hey thanks for the quick input guys. I definitely agree with waiting on the Ryzen after doing a little research into it as i would much prefer to run AMD over intel. I think i would probably need more ram as i have been experimenting with making mods and you need to have around 4 or 5 pretty heavy programs running at once to make it easier. As far as budget goes i would like to keep it around $2k which i can completely dedicate to the pc itself. I already have a really nice razer chroma keyboard and mouse paired with a 28" 1080p monitor. 

21 minutes ago, Wasteland_Audio said:

Hey thanks for the quick input guys. I definitely agree with waiting on the Ryzen after doing a little research into it as i would much prefer to run AMD over intel. I think i would probably need more ram as i have been experimenting with making mods and you need to have around 4 or 5 pretty heavy programs running at once to make it easier. As far as budget goes i would like to keep it around $2k which i can completely dedicate to the pc itself. I already have a really nice razer chroma keyboard and mouse paired with a 28" 1080p monitor. 

Ahh, AMD over intel, gross xD ;)
But with that budget, definitely wait for the Ryzen. Also, go crazy with the RAM!  

With that budget, I would say go for a rather large SSD, get the Ryzen, and a nice motherboard, with DDR4 32GB+ ram

Also, with that load you plan to run, your CPU will love to get hot. Believe the site that has really great results for CPU coolers is called Frosty Tech, great site if you have the chance to look at it before you purchase things.

4 hours ago, Wasteland_Audio said:

You should be fine with that budget, just remember that 1080 is gonna eat almost 700 out of the gate. I would go with a closed loop water cooler over a air cooler, not a 80mm one though get a 240mm it will work with the case you have chosen. I would recommend a 500gb SSD (OS and a few games) and then either a SSHD or HDD for mass storage.

Check this article out... not sure how much trust I put in their numbers but there it is at any rate. I would still want to see them up against some Intel chips before buying anything.?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2017/02/17/massive-new-amd-ryzen-leaks-official-launch-date-prices-and-new-motherboards/#14c4169131b0

Under Construction

Archived