New Build complete

Nice PC, looks good. Are you going to do the iCX upgrade?

http://www.evga.com/icxupgrade/

Only a few more days left on that...

I scored a EVGA GTX 1080 FTW off eBay for $500. It crushes all of my games running the resolution 2560x1440 @ 144Hz

I thought about waiting up for for one of the newer Vega GPU's by AMD but it's been a long while since AMD has dropped out cards with really aggressive prices when it comes down to performance. 

On 2/19/2017 at 0:23 PM, Wasteland_Audio said:

Hey thanks for the quick input guys. I definitely agree with waiting on the Ryzen after doing a little research into it as i would much prefer to run AMD over intel. I think i would probably need more ram as i have been experimenting with making mods and you need to have around 4 or 5 pretty heavy programs running at once to make it easier. As far as budget goes i would like to keep it around $2k which i can completely dedicate to the pc itself. I already have a really nice razer chroma keyboard and mouse paired with a 28" 1080p monitor. 

I used to love AMD. Glad they are back with Ryzen from what I can see... Looks like they got a major upgrade on the motherboard chipset with a ton of new compatibility that has been lacking on their boards for the last 5-6 years. Mainly because AMD dropped their contract with GlobalFoundries from 2012 to 2016.The competition looks pretty good right now, hope it stays strong so we can score our new gear at lower prices.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived