New Head Unit installed and now there is a faint hissing noise. help?

i just got a 2006 hyundai azera and the stereo needed to be replaced. i upgraded to a kenwood dpx792bh. its ounds great except there is a faint hissing static noise that plays all of the time. no matter what source its on, aux, usb, bt, radio, cd. even when its at 0 volume it has the noise. it doesnt increase in volume at all its just one constant hiss. i took it back to the best buy installer and he said it was unfixable, and probably a factory amp problem. i dont know much about car audio in general and wanted some second opinions. Thanks!

i just got a 2006 hyundai azera and the stereo needed to be replaced. i upgraded to a kenwood dpx792bh. its ounds great except there is a faint hissing static noise that plays all of the time. no matter what source its on, aux, usb, bt, radio, cd. even when its at 0 volume it has the noise. it doesnt increase in volume at all its just one constant hiss. i took it back to the best buy installer and he said it was unfixable, and probably a factory amp problem. i dont know much about car audio in general and wanted some second opinions. Thanks!

You fucked up by going to best buy first off.

First guess is a ground problem, second is your power is running right next to your RCA's (if you have some)

First guess is a ground problem, second is your power is running right next to your RCA's (if you have some)

so if its a ground problem how can you fix that or determine if thats the problem? i took the car back in and the guy just said we had to deal because the new kenwoods typically produced some small static. keep in mind when the music is loud you cant really hear it but during quiet parts of the song you can hear it pretty clearly.

could be bad rca's. Bad ground, Nothing wrong with buying headunit from Bestbuy.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

so if its a ground problem how can you fix that or determine if thats the problem? i took the car back in and the guy just said we had to deal because the new kenwoods typically produced some small static. keep in mind when the music is loud you cant really hear it but during quiet parts of the song you can hear it pretty clearly.

Was it just the headunit that was installed?

ya.

ya.

Can you remove your radio and check the wiring and take some pics? Yours has the infinity system yea? I would first change the ground on the headunit to the body instead thru the harness...and see if that works

http://www.scosche.com/media/guides/hi241.pdf

Archived