2009 Accord Coupe...150dB single 10" trunk under 1k??

RIc, you are making me jealous man. I was happy with the 146.2 that I was doing on the dash in my car off 1084 watts until I saw this :) I am tuned super low and running a daily box that peaks at 38hz in the car, not to mention that the woofer is not an SPL woofer at all. I have access to 2 Crossfire XSPL 15's that I want to keep on low power to run for a fun SPL build. There is a competitor here in NC that runs in NSPL named Rick, and he is a member of Team Nemesis. He does 153's out of the trunk off of 2500 watts in a mid 1980's Honda Civic. The setup is subs up and port forward and is stupid loud off low power.

What is your suggestion for my Jetta for the 2 15's in a low power class? I am thinking of 5.5 cubes after displacement with a single 10" aeroport. I do not have any experience with building a trunk for SPL, I am very versed in hatches and to my knowledge I had the loudest unwalled Focus ZX3 with the entire install in the hatch. The car did a 154.3 on the dash sealed with 2 Nightshade 15's and 2 saz3500's along with 3 XS Power D3100's all in the hatch and unwalled. Then I went to 4 12's with the same power and managed a 155.4 but I never took it to a competition and did it in the lanes. I would love some advice if you have any.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Honestly sir I'm struggling with this car at the moment. Past two days and over 16 hours...I've gained .1dB. Ugh. I used SS damplifier pro on sides and dropped 2dB!! Ripped it off quickly. Lol.

The trunk man is the trunk king. Mr Terry Brocks.

I have ran into that issue before with deadener. I ripped it off the roof while I was at a show. Too bad there wasn't a program where you add deadener and only pay for it if you gain. I am getting ready to buy some more for my car. I need to do the trunk. The only place I have any at in the entire car is the front doors.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

I am sure I will gain once I do the trunk of the car. Also since I have a 4 door I would bet that the rear doors will help me gain too by deadening them.

Any more progress? You are close to that 150!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I've found deadening on front doors hurt sometimes. Lol

Have seen deadener in many places gain and hurt scores. Sometimes though its the end goal that makes you make that decision to keep it or pull it. If you want a nice sounding front stage, its better to just leave the deadener in due to mid bass reproduction. But then again, you are chasing numbers just as i am right now.

Speaking of which, out the door to a show now as we speak. Time to see if my 90 sec center of the dash outlaw score in kaos 1 with midwest spl improved with some changes.

Good luck fellas

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived