Orion HCCA 5000.1D

Spot200

looks like a chinese board, would be ncie to see these dynoed but id guess around 2000 watts rms

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

looks like a chinese board, would be ncie to see these dynoed but id guess around 2000 watts rms

I believe the hcca boards are Korean,

Which still doesn't mean anything, Korean companies can make shit and Chinese companies can make good quality stuff,

It all depends on what the buyer wants them to do.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i have been wodnering about the newer hcca amps for a while. i meanif they can make legit power in a smaller size shit sounds good to me.

im wondering why like korean 5ks and such are still the same size as they were 9 years ago.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

They are Korean.

Orions specs are BS on them. 5k+rms @ 1ohm at 12.4 volts and 7k+rms @ 1ohm at 14.4volts.....

CEA Certified testing says 4000wrms @1ohm at 14.4 volts... Huge difference between what Orion says and what CEA says.

I will tend to believe the CEA testing.
For $720 its not bad for the price, seems a little too cheap to me yet for a 4k amp.
Im sure on an AD-1 it will do around 3500ish maybe a little less certified, which puts it pretty much right on point for their price.

CEA Certified testing says 4000wrms @1ohm at 14.4 volts..

CEA was actually tested at 12.4 volts.

This amp replaced an RE 5000.1 that may have produced 2000w and is running two HCCA 10.4 subs.

The amp is a great match for the subs and pushes the subs to their max.. 2000w RMS each.

The amp is a lot larger than the picture makes it look.. I will post installed pictures later today.

22"L x 12W" 500amp fuse dual 1/0 inputs..

The build quality is phenomenal

CEA Certified testing says 4000wrms @1ohm at 14.4 volts..

CEA was actually tested at 12.4 volts.

No, CEA testing is at 14.4 volts always has been.

Even IF it was cea tested at 12.4 volts it is still less power than the 5000wrms Orion claims at 12.4volts, so no matter how you look at it Orions specs are from Mr Rogers neighborhood of make-believe land.

Typically only a 4ohm load at 14.4volts with 1% THD or less is all that is needed for a cea rating, however you can pay more for additional tests at lower impedances.

There is nothing on the Orion packaging, site, or manual saying that the CEA testing was done at other voltages except the industry standard 14.4 volts.

This is a picture direct from the Orion PDF for their amps from their site.

BKBUuR.png

CEA testing specs...

http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com/car-audio-and-video/car-amplifiers/cea-2006-compliant-amplifiers/

And another link explaining CEA testing.

http://www.crutchfield.com/popups/Cacomp.aspx

and another

http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/199/~/cea-2006-amplifier-power-standards

The proof is there, if your still in a disbelieving state I am sorry.

Archived