Second Skin Audio

how much of a difference would bigger/4th/6th box order make

Hi all..I'm new to the newer car audio.. Grew up with dj magic mike, the doggs, tech master peb, etc... never had the cash then for a system back then.. Decided as i've got a bit older to finally get myself a lil boom. The top brands have changed a lot, as i dont recognize a lot of them. Im currently running two cars-- work and my weekend car. My question is How much of a difference will a custom box make with my set ups? I have a camery,, stock head unit, 1200 watt rockford amp, and 2 memphis 12 m5's.. box is to specs size wise i believe , but both ported to same port straight shot thou. Not labyrinth style/type. My second is a kenwood excelon head unit, alpine 1100 watt amp, 1 kicker cvx 15, prefab ported box.. was gonna poly fil it? I Cant really start adding batteries, etc. , my lights dim bad on both cars now.. Was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions/recommendations? I mostly listen to decaf/trap/dj dance.... thx. for the suggestions

Bandpass boxes have their own issues, one of them is a larger size, they are harder to setup and not everyone manages to greatly benefit from their use specially with a smaller vehicle, I would recommend to improve whatever is necessary on your current system, electrical for example and your sub box, maybe, some pics and a sketch of your current box, and describe how you did set it up would help to see if there's something obviously wrong.

What makes you think the enclosures are to spec? . If there not a custom designed and built enclosure for your subs will make a huge difference. Will sond like a whole new setup

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Archived