DC Sound Lab

DC Level 6 M2/M3 Recone

So it finally happened, I popped one of my subs. While I was looking for a recone i noticed that Droppin Hz only sells M1, M2, and M4 kits. When i went to make sure of which one i had i noticed that i may just have one M2 and one M3.

Here is a picture of my original order, when i received the subs, one was a dual 2 ohm and one was a dual 1 ohm. I notified sonic electronics and they told me that the subs had been discontinued shortly after i had placed my order. Thankfully they contacted DC and they were awesome enough to build me the discontinued model i needed to match the current one i had. Now notice on the second pic, it clearly states that it is the M3 model, where as the original order says M2. I guess my main questions are one, can anyone make sence of this? Two, how do i tell which is which? And three, will an M3 model accept an M2 recone?

Screenshot%2043_zpsowvxmafu.png

Screenshot%2044_zpsdfkt0mzh.png

Ok heres something to know. The M4 recone kits are the same as your M3. DC changed model names for clarical reasons for those.

The M4 has the new machined basket tho right? Both mine have the old 6 spoke basket that you can buy anywhere. Would that mean that they are both M2s?

Ok heres something to know. The M4 recone kits are the same as your M3. DC changed model names for clarical reasons for those.

The M4 has the new machined basket tho right? Both mine have the old 6 spoke basket that you can buy anywhere. Would that mean that they are both M2s?

yours could still be m3 motors. post picks and we can go from there. regardless you will have to upgrade to the new basket

yours could still be m3 motors. post picks and we can go from there. regardless you will have to upgrade to the new basket

Ok well i'll be pulling them out tomorrow and i'll post some pics.