Sonic Electronix

NVX JAD 1200.1 + DD1 does not work

if you probed it on ground and speaker positive, try it again on speaker positive and speaker negative or vice versa.

I have tried this same result.

Just because you swapped head units doesn't mean you're getting four volts out immediately. So many variables

Explain how taking out my 2v preout hu and putting in a 4v preout hu that reads over 4v on a dmm how I wouldn't be getting 4 volts? lol. The RCAs come out the back of the HU and go into the amplifier.

I also would like to put out there that I have used this DD1 to set the gain on many amps. Worked just fine. This is the only amp that acts like this I've seen.

Edited by AzureX

So just talked to guy at nvx he said it's the dd1 not working with the new chips and that he could make a video showing where it clips and math to find the RMS. Old school style. He says some jl amps and other amps do this aswell.

Get on it!!

if you probed it on ground and speaker positive, try it again on speaker positive and speaker negative or vice versa.

Just because you swapped head units doesn't mean you're getting four volts out immediately. So many variables

Explain how taking out my 2v preout hu and putting in a 4v preout hu that reads over 4v on a dmm how I wouldn't be getting 4 volts? lol. The RCAs come out the back of the HU and go into the amplifier.

I also would like to put out there that I have used this DD1 to set the gain on many amps. Worked just fine. This is the only amp that acts like this I've seen.

Since you asked. Just because you have a head unit rated for four volt on the pre outs doesn't mean It will actually have that. Some only do it with the sub out turned up all the way. Others don't. Some don't ever make four volt either. Some split the the pre out rating between all the channels. Some only make it on the sub out too. Hence the so many variables. But I didn't realize I was dealing with an expert and all. I guess it should have been obvious

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Since you asked. Just because you have a head unit rated for four volt on the pre outs doesn't mean It will actually have that. Some only do it with the sub out turned up all the way. Others don't. Some don't ever make four volt either. Some split the the pre out rating between all the channels. Some only make it on the sub out too. Hence the so many variables. But I didn't realize I was dealing with an expert and all. I guess it should have been obvious

Seems that I upset you. I never said I was an expert but okay. I guess I should've added that the voltage on the rcas are actually 4v according to the dmm. Wasn't trying to give you a hard time was actually asking a legitimate question to see if I was doing something wrong.