Sonic Electronix

NVX JAD 1200.1 + DD1 does not work

On the amp dyno does the RCA signal go into it? Or straight from the deck to the amp?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Any pics or a short vid? That would b the best way for anyone to help eliminate issues.

The OP talked to nvx he said. The amp won't work with the dd1 due to some new chips in them I guess.

that makes no sense at all, i mean, its AC voltage. only thing i can think is if the amp sees no load it goes into a different output mode. I would put a DMM on the outputs and see what its doing with no load on it.

Any pics or a short vid? That would b the best way for anyone to help eliminate issues.

The OP talked to nvx he said. The amp won't work with the dd1 due to some new chips in them I guess.

Ive seen a few different people complain about the dd1 not working but none with a video to prove no user error. Ive seen numerous vids of the dd1 used with multiple amps with no problems. Just because someone says they did it all right doesnt mean they did and it also doesnt mean they possibly overlooked something. Without being there in person a vid is the only way to see. I dont see how a single chip in the amp could affect how the dd1 works but maybe it does idk.

Ive seen a few different people complain about the dd1 not working but none with a video to prove no user error. Ive seen numerous vids of the dd1 used with multiple amps with no problems. Just because someone says they did it all right doesnt mean they did and it also doesnt mean they possibly overlooked something. Without being there in person a vid is the only way to see. I dont see how a single chip in the amp could affect how the dd1 works but maybe it does idk.

This is directly from an email from NVX:

The SMD-DD1 or the AMP DYNO have issues with some class d amplifiers. I have tested this and seen amps from JL, Kicker, and Alpine. This has something to do with the chip set on the amps.

You can still accurately set the gain with out a DD1 or dyno.
You can do it by ear.
1. Get a 50hz test tone. Youtube works. Get that to play through your system not using Bluetooth. Aux in , CD ,.USB drive are all fine.
2. Find the maximum volume on your head unit with out distortion. On my Pioneer deck the max is 33 out of 40. With the volume down, play the 50hz test tone. Slowly raise the volume on the head unit until you find a distortion. From there, back it down. Get that number and remember it. That is the maximum volume for your head unit. Anything above that will be distorted. The volume should never go past that.
3. Set the JAD12001 to minimum gain, SUB SONIC to 20Hz, and the LPF to anything above 50hz. This will allow the 50Hz to get to the amp.
4. Turn on the 50hz tone and set the head unit to the maximum volume with out distortion.
5. With the 50hz tone playing slowly adjust the gain on the jad12001 until you hear distortion. Once the signal is distorted, back down the level until the sound is not distorted.
Now your gain is set to match the output of your head unit. The bass knob can now be used to mix the bass as desired for each song if needed.
You can do it with an oscilloscope as well.
1. Set the volume on the deck as described above using the 50hz test tone.
2. Connect the scope the the speaker load.
3. With the 50hz tone playing slowly adjust the gain on the jad12001 until you see a clipped signal on the scope. It will be a square wave. An un- distorted signal will have a smooth sine wave. Once you see the distortion, back down the gain until the sine wave is smooth.
I can show you this but it would not be the same as in your vehicle as I will be on a test bench with a battery bank/power supply with different wire than what you would have so the settings I would get would not be valid in your vehicle.

Using an o-scope would be a valid method,

The other method they told you to use is bullshit.

Good luck hearing 1% distortion with your ears, especially at 50hz.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Maybe I will post a video showing no user error but think about this, this isn't the first amp that I have used the dd-1 on to set the gain and it worked just fine. BRX2400, SAZ 1500D, Hifonics x1900d just to name a few. All work fine. Even when I put my buddies BRX2400 in my car and take out the JAD1200 the dd-1 works just like it suppose to. The only variable that changes is the amp. Something with this amp makes it not work with the DD-1.