Sonic Electronix

NVX JAD 1200.1 + DD1 does not work

Which track are you using to set the amplifier gain overlap?

So nvx says there is a problem with dd1 and Tony says there is not. Soooooo let's get nvx or tony to validate there claims :P

I've tried Track 1 (40Hz 0db) Track 3 (40Hz -5db) and Track 5 (40Hz -10db).

So nvx says there is a problem with dd1 and Tony says there is not. Soooooo let's get nvx or tony to validate there claims :P

Wow if it won't clip with the 0dB track then it must have a anti-clipping circuit in it or some type of rollback circuit so that it can't be pushed too hard. I personally have not seen or played with one of these amps in person though I know that it is VERY similar to a model in the Hertz lineup and we have heard of people having trouble with that one as well. If the amplifier is not allowed to clip one may consider that an amplifier problem, not a DD-1 problem. The DD-1 is doing what it is supposed to do, alert the user of distortion over 1%. If the amp isn't capable of clipping it not work on the DD-1 or DD-1+. If you want to set it with a voltmeter like someone mentioned, you can do it, but you must use one of the overlap tracks. Simply using a 0dB sine and setting with a voltmeter or scope will result in ZERO gain overlap. As a side note for you number chasers, a 1000 watt amp that is allowed to clip will be significantly louder on the meter than a 1000 watt amp that is not capable of clipping. Based on the information you have presented to me here, and not playing with the amp in person, I'd say this amp has a rollback circuit of some type that doesn't allow for clipping.

Tony

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Wow if it won't clip with the 0dB track then it must have a anti-clipping circuit in it or some type of rollback circuit so that it can't be pushed too hard. I personally have not seen or played with one of these amps in person though I know that it is VERY similar to a model in the Hertz lineup and we have heard of people having trouble with that one as well. If the amplifier is not allowed to clip one may consider that an amplifier problem, not a DD-1 problem. The DD-1 is doing what it is supposed to do, alert the user of distortion over 1%. If the amp isn't capable of clipping it not work on the DD-1 or DD-1+. If you want to set it with a voltmeter like someone mentioned, you can do it, but you must use one of the overlap tracks. Simply using a 0dB sine and setting with a voltmeter or scope will result in ZERO gain overlap. As a side note for you number chasers, a 1000 watt amp that is allowed to clip will be significantly louder on the meter than a 1000 watt amp that is not capable of clipping. Based on the information you have presented to me here, and not playing with the amp in person, I'd say this amp has a rollback circuit of some type that doesn't allow for clipping.

Tony

Thanks again bro. I hate/love to text you. But hate bugging you. I know how busy you are. I appreciate you throwing your knowledge around.

Maybe the OP can send you the board, and you can sniff around some. For funnies. Hell, I may pick up the shipping both ways just for kicks.

Thanks again man. Thanks for always responding to me. For real.

Tony

Thanks again bro. I hate/love to text you. But hate bugging you. I know how busy you are. I appreciate you throwing your knowledge around.

Maybe the OP can send you the board, and you can sniff around some. For funnies. Hell, I may pick up the shipping both ways just for kicks.

Thanks again man. Thanks for always responding to me. For real.

I'm just glad that I got to the bottom of it and that Tony, someone I know knows what he's talking about, put the nail in the coffin. I'd be willing to send mine to Tony. Plan on getting another amp anyways.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

• 4 weeks later...

So to open the topic back up. Talked to sonic and they didn't want to give me a free return label. Untill I told them it was confirmed by nvx and Tony himself that it does not work with the dd1. After that I said I also gave email stating this from nvx and this topic showing there's no way to truly confirm sonics dyno test and asked if they wanted to see it. Got a very Stern no thanks. Doubt they want anyone to know lol. Also the girl said sonic is nvx. Is this true?

So to open the topic back up. Talked to sonic and they didn't want to give me a free return label. Untill I told them it was confirmed by nvx and Tony himself that it does not work with the dd1. After that I said I also gave email stating this from nvx and this topic showing there's no way to truly confirm sonics dyno test and asked if they wanted to see it. Got a very Stern no thanks. Doubt they want anyone to know lol. Also the girl said sonic is nvx. Is this true?

Nothing was "confirmed" by anyone.

Tony only stated what he THINKS is going on. We are hoping to get our hands on one soon and try it ourselves.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916