Out with the old, in with the new.

I'm thinking about selling my current desktop that I built just over a year ago and use the money to start the build of another.

Current build: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Mobo

NZXT Source 210 case

AMD FX-6300 6-core processor

Mushkin 16GB Enhanced Blackline DDR3 memory

Toshiba 1TB hard drive

ASUS HD5450 silent graphics card

Windows 10 (was Windows 8.1, but I upgraded)

680W power suppy

Cheap keyboard and mouse

New build: XION Gaming Series XON-350_BK Black with Blue LED Light Steel /Plastic, Meshed Front Panel design ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 and SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 DirectX 12 04G-P4-2977-RX 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card - Certfied Refurbished

EVGA 700 B1 100-B1-0700-K1 80+ BRONZE 700W Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C11Q- 16GSR

MasterKeys Lite L Combo RGB Keyboard and Mouse, Mem-chanical Switches, Zoned Brilliant RGB lighting, Precision Optical Sensor with On-the-fly DPI settings by Cooler Master

Western Digital WD1002FBYS 1TB 3.5'' SATA Hard Drive

Windows 10

I have the old build listed at $1000, more than enough for the new build. Thoughts?

I have a amd FX-9370 8 core, overclocked to 5.117GHz which is overclocked higher than the FX-9590 (which is the current top amd cpu).

The only thing different between the 9370 and 9590 is clock speeds, but like I said I overclocked mine way higher.

Now the issue here is my processor gets walked all over by an Intel i7-6500U that is only a dual core clocked at 3.1GHz and made for laptops.

No matter how you look at it, its pathetic that a dual core laptop processor with a much lower clock speed is bench marking higher.

Buying a AMD cpu to build a pc was the worst thing Ive ever done, the performance is simply not there...

Also, I feel its a waste to buy a "new" computer and run with old ddr3. Why spend money on ancient technology.

Besides its not like the AM3+ platform has improved any so buying a am3+ platform to replace your current am3+ board is not needed.

The only thing you really gain is a 2nd pci slot and faster memory speeds (which adds little to performance usually) and you can typically flash your bios on the older board to support faster memory anyways.
But regardless its still PCI-E 2.0 so theres a lot of limitations there.

But hey its your money, so if you want to buy a new computer and have it be the same dated performance you already have go for it.

I just dont see why you make a thread asking for other peoples thoughts then.

Top half of the pic is from my benchmarking on 3dmark, bottom half of the pic is how it compares to the other tests ran on futuremark/3dmarks site where you see the dual-core 3.1GHz i5-6500U laptop processor beating my 8-core 5.11GHz FX-9370. The lower model amd processors are even worse off than mine.

EnGHM3.jpg

If you want a upgrade and $1000 is your budget due to attempting to sell your old build for that price your better off getting one of those combo deals from newegg.

In all honestly you would have to find a pretty dumb fool to pay $1000 for your current build your trying to sell, when you can get so much better for that price and have it be new.

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75820K Desktop Processor

MSI X99A SLI PLUS LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) C14 Memory Kit

$652 after $10 mail in rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2471134

Then get yourself a current gen video card like the GTX1060 with 6gb of memory for $290 and will walk circles around a GTX970.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127963&ignorebbr=1

Then reuse your current peripherals until you can afford new ones that you want.

I'm thinking about selling my current desktop that I built just over a year ago and use the money to start the build of another.

Current build: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Mobo

NZXT Source 210 case

AMD FX-6300 6-core processor

Mushkin 16GB Enhanced Blackline DDR3 memory

Toshiba 1TB hard drive

ASUS HD5450 silent graphics card

Windows 10 (was Windows 8.1, but I upgraded)

680W power suppy

Cheap keyboard and mouse

I have the old build listed at $1000, more than enough for the new build. Thoughts?

Wow your scandalous.

You can buy that same PC for less than half of $1000.00, and you want $1000 USED?

LOL

Same parts from newegg, but with a name brand higher wattage power supply and with a decent mouse/keyboard and not some cheap one like your trying to sell

$479.........

5a6NXl.jpg

I have decided not to sell the current computer and build a new one. As much as I want to, I don't think it's the right thing to do. Sometime soon I'll have open heart surgery. It would be a few months before I can lift any more than just a few pounds. So for the time being I'm keeping it the same.

• 2 months later...

Archived