looking for reviews SSA Evil 6.5's

Smoove

They are dope as fuck. I have a pair of the 6.5s and tweets. Absolutely love them, so much midbass. Not running sealed or anything, just have deadener all over my inner door skin. Great sound quality and well worth the money, if not more. Currently have them crossed at 60Hz and 2.5khz, which is where the tweets are crossed over at.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I just received my four Evil speakers, havent installed yet though.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

19 hours ago, DubNDodge said:

They are dope as fuck. I have a pair of the 6.5s and tweets. Absolutely love them, so much midbass. Not running sealed or anything, just have deadener all over my inner door skin. Great sound quality and well worth the money, if not more. Currently have them crossed at 60Hz and 2.5khz, which is where the tweets are crossed over at.

Can you film a video or something? Or compare to other known brands of similar speakers?

There is a disturbing lack of information on these speakers on the internet!

I'd like a little info before I drop $300 on a setup lol

It's an SSA product......how can you go wrong? They are what i'm going with on my next build. Add their tweeters and you're in like Flynn.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

On 6/15/2017 at 5:46 PM, RedFred said:

Can you film a video or something? Or compare to other known brands of similar speakers?

There is a disturbing lack of information on these speakers on the internet!

I'd like a little info before I drop $300 on a setup lol

On 6/15/2017 at 8:20 PM, twalker182 said:

It's an SSA product......how can you go wrong? They are what i'm going with on my next build. Add their tweeters and you're in like Flynn.

^^^^^

I didn't care that there weren't any review on the mids when I bought them. I ordered the tweets 30 minutes within them being released. You won't be disappointed, not many other speakers compare to it sound quality/loudness/price wise. A video really won't do them justice, it's hard to judge sound quality over a phone microphone. 

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit the bullet and went ahead and got mine during their 4th of July sale.

p5bZhOYl.jpg

n5Rs3hBl.jpg

They certainly look a hell of a lot more aesthetic than my old SoundQubed 6.5s.....

Still have to wire everything up and give them a listen, but a local competitor has been using them and I was very impressed with what I heard.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived