03 Sunfire wall help!!! sound3/hifonics/crescendo/sundown

Im going to start a wall build in my sunfire..ive decided to go with 2 sq hdc3.1 18s..i have a 220 a alt..pioneer 980 bt older model..clarion eqs755..2 runs 0f the royal exclene 2/0..and batteies i have a regualr old starter and in back im doing a xs 3100 or a 3400 cant decide on the battery? Also my main delema is amplifier choice...I really had my heart set on Zapco dc 1100.1s 1 for each sub but i fear that wont be enough to feed em...any thoughts..also have thought of hifonics 3000.1d..sq 4500.1...crescendo bc 3500.1...sundown 3500.1...any tips on the box cuft recommendations would also be of helpi was going to give each 18 at least 8-9 cuft but from what ive seen that is too big..i want !50 db but it to still sound good..please help!! any input is great did I forget anything???

come on guys im new to the forum but ive been in car audio for years ive done big builds in the past (4 15 cvr..6 12 diamond audio m6 when they were still good ect. ect....) but this is to be my most complete build....upgraded .alt.....proper electrical...walled off small 2dr car ...whole trunk dedicated to very nice custom amp rack beauty boards covering batteries..fiberglassing my doors to acomadate my front stage...the whole 9...(as of now is 2 sets of the jbl p660c which i love and dont break the bank...had 1 set run off a memphis 300/2..225 to each side and they screamed!! still very clear but this time ill be running them on the ZAPCO st 4x sq model..I LOVE ZAPCO!!) did i just put this in the wrong spot on the forum or does no one really have any input...How come no one ever talks about ZAPCO?? they are some of the best amplifiers produced past and present...come on guys tell me something...even if its where i should put this post if not here..

For people to give you box ideas they need to know your max dimensions. As well to get a good design down for a box you need to pick an amp. I would personally run nendo, I like the specs on their amps they have out right now. All of those brand amps will work. As far as how much power I don't know what those subs run well on so I have no idea. Lastly, it's a sunday, don't expect a post asap. Try to give it at least 1 day to bump up your own thread if you receive no replies.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

thanks for the reply..i guess im asking a bit much for a sunday..lol..as far as box size im removing back seat ..making a platform .. ceiling to floor..im guessing at least room for 15 cubes..ima measure right now and get back as far as where i posted my question is this the spot or would u recommend a different spot on the forum?? subs run 1500 rms but everyone seems to run more or at least the numbers on there amps suggest more but we all know how amp ratings these days are..i was really digging the nendo till i seen a few vids of them not making rated..and they are to much $$ to not get at least rated..then i seen the video of the hifonics side by side with the sq 2200.1 and they are basiclly the same..hifonics is way cheaper price wise...so was thinking 2 3000.1 hifonics after voltage/box rise i can probally get enough power outta that...seen dude in the jeep doing stupid numbers with same subs and a dc 3500.1 but dont want his exact setup..ya know..

You're going about this all wrong from the very start,

You need to determine the space you have available,

The amount of power you can afford, and then the drivers that will work with the space and power you have available.

In that exact order.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

First off, this is totally in the wrong section man. Secondly, I personally would stay away from Crescendo only because of their utterly terrible customer service/warranty problems. I'm not rich, so if my gear craps out I want to know that I'll be taken care of. Thirdly...

...but we all know how amp ratings these days are.

Yeah we do, good honest companies put what their amps actually do (and even under rate them at times). Shitty companies make outrageous claims when their amps can't even do half that.

Archived