Second Skin Audio

So, I built my box for 6-15" Kicker L7.... HELP

How do you have them wired ( ohms) and what amp? Verify that you don't have any wired backwards.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

How do you have them wired ( ohms) and what amp? Verify that you don't have any wired backwards.

The woofers are dual 4ohm.

I have them wired, temporarily, to 2 Massive Audio N4 amps at about 2.6 ohms

Amp Specs:

RMS: 2000w x 1

PEAK Power: 4000w x 1

RMS @ 2ohms 1000w x 1

Min Impedance: 1ohm

IMG_4202_zpsikhjvehk.jpg

im showing 31cuft for that box. that seems kind big to me for 6 15's. You are at like 5cubes per sub.

They have a TON of cone area for 15s being that they're square

@OP how much air a port moves is greatly dependent on the power applied and frequency played. What do you believe the problem to be?

Do you have any odd loading issues?

I think its getting enough power, I am using a Massive N4 amp running at about 2.6ohms.

I'd suggest verifying your tuning frequency in vehicle.

You can find your real tuning frequency by playing sine wave tones at moderate volume (there are tone generator apps for your phone). At your tuning frequency your cones will move the least and movement will increase if you increase or decrease the frequency from that point.

I will try that later when I get home.

If you take away the double layer baffle you won't see any difference in tuning changing the subs aim direction, still as you can see you are tuned pretty low, you could still measure it but you are not likely to find you are tuned to 50Hz. I would recommend checking that all amps and subs are wired in phase and your amps are gain matched.

Your subs want nearly 7500 watts. You are barely feeding them 2k. That might be a problem.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'd suggest verifying your tuning frequency in vehicle.

You can find your real tuning frequency by playing sine wave tones at moderate volume (there are tone generator apps for your phone). At your tuning frequency your cones will move the least and movement will increase if you increase or decrease the frequency from that point.

i did that just now, looks like im in the 100's wtf. port not deep enough? its only 10.5" deep. i been on youtube and see the ports similar in height and width but deeper.

UPDATE

I have three amps running at 1ohm per 2 subs.

Massive Audio N4's are the brand and models

still sounds like crap

Your subs want nearly 7500 watts. You are barely feeding them 2k. That might be a problem.

this.

and the tuning advice in this thread is something to be concerned about maybe have a shop build something for you since these subs are not cheap

also I noticed your baffle is very thin for subs that heavy

I would do at least another 2 layers

your bracing looks like it needs some help

Its hard to say without being there but I would guess your port walls are flexing like crazy as well which could easily result in your poop sound

those kickers are only good to 750 watts in a ported box. 3 subs wired in series/parallel ends up to be 2.67 ohm so you're lucky if your subs are seeing 300 watts each at that ohm load

get to 7k amps if youre going to wire at that load or wire all six subs to 1.3 ohms and strap the amps if they have that option

Archived