Second Skin Audio

How low ssf?

tbeats

With a tuning of 37hz where should the ssf be set? Subs 2 sa12's in a 1.6 cubic net with a 1500 rms.

In theory 28, but if you unload with boosted tracks start at 30

With a tuning of 37hz where should the ssf be set? Subs 2 sa12's in a 1.6 cubic net with a 1500 rms.

so 28hz could be dangerous? That's the number I was getting. I looked at it as I'm running a smaller box I should be safer at 28hz then say I was at 2.0 cubic per sub vs the 1.6 I'm at now. I could be wrong.

so 28hz could be dangerous? That's the number I was getting. I looked at it as I'm running a smaller box I should be safer at 28hz then say I was at 2.0 cubic per sub vs the 1.6 I'm at now. I could be wrong.

All depends on what you playing and how clean the music is. You can't trust boosted tracks.

Example
I can play 19hz on a clean track without unloading
22hz with a dirty track without unloading
so I'm set at 22hz just to be safe.

Example

I can play 19hz on a clean track without unloading

22hz with a dirty track without unloading

so I'm set at 22hz just to be safe.

definitely see your point. I'll try 30 then, right now I'm set at

35hz I wanted to just play around some. I only play original music no boosted or altered recordings. So maybe 28hz as a test.

Good idea, play it and test.
Also a factor is stuff like cabin rise. no one can predict how it will affect pressure or rise.

Go to this forum it will teach u on how to correctly set ur ssf to the best safe settings possible its all based on your box tuning. But if u want to skip the reading ur ssf is actually 27.75 round it to 28hz thats is what you should set ur ssf

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/156565-how-to-set-your-subsonic-filter/

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Archived