Meeting the big man himself

I mean would you like it if someone you never met before in your life just randomly showed up at your place of work?

Steve is a very cool laid back generous guy but I mean you should have probably thought this out better.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had his status and fan base I wouldn't mind. I we the years iv tried the contacting him to set up something and I've always been told no. I'm taking this approach because I've seen his post of random people stopping by to meet him and he's welcomed them. I would think he would be happy to meet a fan. It's been years since. I've last tried to message him

I still remember when the guy from Maine or Massachusetts or somewhere way out east made the drive to meet him. I believe it was scheduled in advance tho. I've thought about taking a vacation to meet him too and get a few autographed goodies just hard to find time nowadays. Good luck

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

His words, not mine.

You have to remeber that he's not just sitting in a garage chilling, he's running a business.

Hopefully he'll make time for you but don't be upset if he doesn't.

We generally don't prefer walk in's. We are very busy over here and when i stop to talk to people, that means production is stopping and i can't have that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You showing up without checking ahead or making an appointment takes time it of Steve's day. Time he spends running his business and making money to provide for his family. So if you show up unexpected/uninvited and stay for only 15mins, that's still list income you're taking directly outta his pocket.

Dude, I get that you've followed Meade for a grip, and he's been a big influence on you. But, randomly knocking on his door when he has his own life to live, and his own struggles to deal with, that's kinda fucked up.

Sorry i missed you, i was busy today. Had no idea anyone was coming. That is some real short notice. Someone sent me a link to this thread just a bit ago or i wouldn't have even known about it.

I appreciate you and everyone else that has followed my projects, YT channel etc for the years, i really do! But it's a gamble whether or not you will find me if you just randomly pop in with no notice. I am in and out all day long and never can really predict when i will be there. If you are still around about noon tomorrow you can stop by for a few minutes and say hi. Just a heads up, It's really not that exciting here though, just a place of business.

If I had his status and fan base I wouldn't mind. I we the years iv tried the contacting him to set up something and I've always been told no. I'm taking this approach because I've seen his post of random people stopping by to meet him and he's welcomed them. I would think he would be happy to meet a fan. It's been years since. I've last tried to message him

you have "always been told no"? really? this is the first time i have seen your name. I have no idea who you are and i don't recall ever telling anyone "no". I may not make myself easy to find but i doubt i told someone "no". Kinda odd you would claim something like that.

His words, not mine.
You have to remeber that he's not just sitting in a garage chilling, he's running a business.
Hopefully he'll make time for you but don't be upset if he doesn't.

We generally don't prefer walk in's. We are very busy over here and when i stop to talk to people, that means production is stopping and i can't have that.

when i say i don't "prefer walk in's" i am talking about people buying stuff from my website and picking it up in person. People don't just pick something up, they talk for an hour and that is an hour i just can't always spare. I work. I have fun, i love my shop, but i work. When i stop to talk, nothing is getting done. I can't walk to far from my CNC when it is turning and sometimes i have 4hrs worth of stuff being made on an 8 hour run of product (just for one phase). It's just easier to ship when people place orders.

as for people stopping by just to meet me, that is perfectly fine. But without notice, don't be upset if i am not there when you get there. That's all. And by notice, i mean we BOTH know you are coming. lol :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

So I did make it. I got there at like 630-7. Steve, thank you! That sounds great! I'll be there! I'm sorry, I overstated always. I asked once when I was was 16. The Tahoe was still brown and you had just finished the re build and told me you were going to redo the dash and it wouldn't be up and playing. I was driving when I posted this and was trying to give as much info with as little words as possible. Were just getting to our hotel now.

Bola, If he signs my arm id get that tattoo without any hesitation.

Archived