I had a summit. It could do 6S but I always ran it at 4S on a 2200Kv sensored motor. It was smooth in the low end for rock crawling... but the speed would get out of hand. The damn thing would cartwheel all of the time. Not a good truck for speed, stuff breaks super quick.

That new ARRMA NERO looks pretty badass though... i'd be eyeing one of those if I were still in the hobby.

As for your e-maxx, you can replace the whole chassis for about $15. It would probably make it a much sturdier truck.

My E-Maxx. 8S neu 1521 motor. Center diff conversion.

OfJlduQ.jpg

I would almost have to do this to make mine usable. Yours is a newer chassis design than mine was. That is a nice looking Emaxx though man!

I had a summit. It could do 6S but I always ran it at 4S on a 2200Kv sensored motor. It was smooth in the low end for rock crawling... but the speed would get out of hand. The damn thing would cartwheel all of the time. Not a good truck for speed, stuff breaks super quick.

That new ARRMA NERO looks pretty badass though... i'd be eyeing one of those if I were still in the hobby.

As for your e-maxx, you can replace the whole chassis for about $15. It would probably make it a much sturdier truck.

So that Emaxx I had was the original chassis. Single servo for steering, one for changing transmission gears. I would have to replace the chassis, transmission, servo, esc, motor, and all drive shafts. It was just too much to worry about. Plus I got the Arrma for under $300. Maybe I can find an older Titan set up to drop in there one day but other than that I am going to either let it sit or sell it as a roller. It wasn't the most durable truck either, I spent way too much time repairing it or not being able to run at all.

I have the 3906 version, which came out around 2001, so it's 15 year old RC tech. Way before brushless or Lipo power was around. Just too much to upgrade when I found the Arrma for the price I did.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 3 months later...

I will try to get some pictures soon but I bit the bullet and bought a blue Summit and found an EVX-2 and 2 Titan 550 (12 turn) motors for $45. So now my Emaxx is running again and without all the extra crazy brushless power it is WAY easier to handle and is actually kinda fun. I can upgrade that motor to a Titan 775 if those 550s go bad. The Summit is still on it's way but I had a street racer, dirt track racer, and a straight up basher so I needed a crawler. Should be a blast.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok pictures. First, the Summit is a blast to play with. Hi/Low transmission, locking front and rear diffs. Woot!

next to my 5lbs dog.

CCF78001-D14B-49E4-BF4B-0D506CD156F4_zps

next to my Emaxx (which is a big truck but you can see how big the summit is)

1783983D-EB38-4D51-862F-75F6CD0ED4B8_zps

The whole family left to right, back to front (Traxxas Summit, Traxxas Emaxx, Traxxas Slash 2wd, and Arrma Talion)

A0978BA8-C314-48A1-8ECC-7A45FB9E4A0F_zps

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Nice collection.

Do you have a lot of stuff break on the summit?

I had one for a while and got rid of it because shit broke left and right on it, even when I was being easy on it it would still break.

I'm overdo for a new rc truck.

I've been looking at that new Traxxas x-maxx, thing is a monster.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Nothing has broken yet, but I just got it today. They are coming out with a new Xmaxx that can run 8s, looks to be much better than the 6s version.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

From what I've learned playing with these things more power equals more problems, the faster they are the more shit you break and the less fun they are to play with, at least in my opinion.

My rustler vxl is ridiculous on 3s, shit, it's ridiculous on 2s.

I gave up on it though, it's been broken for like two years now, it literally broke every single Time I drove it, it just collects dust now.

The summit will rip some bad ass donuts, they are so bad ass that I blew up both diffs while doing it, lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

yeah i won't run more than 4s in my summit and probably will run nimh batts most of the time because I won't be going for speed. I run 4s in my Emaxx, 5s in the Talion, and 2s/3s in my slash. But that slash is just a street racer so it doesn't break often. Other than spur gears. 3s is crazy in the slash, shit gets wild fast.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived