HAT Speakers for 2003 Chevy Trailblazer

cdlowe

I need you to come down to my neck of the woods and do a little work on my front stage bcbrassard :good: it's time for some updates on those pillars

I need you to come down to my neck of the woods and do a little work on my front stage bcbrassard :good: it's time for some updates on those pillars

I work in road construction and there is only 7 months to the season so we work crazy hours in the summer. no time for car audio, winter hobby but i will post on the wifes build when i get back to it this winter.

The door pods are fiber glassed right to the panels, roughed up plastic with 40 grit, few layers of matting, lots of kitty hair bondo. fiber glassed back of panels for extra strength then sound deadened then. ton of work per door. kick panels went quick compared to doors.

The door pods are fiber glassed right to the panels, roughed up plastic with 40 grit, few layers of matting, lots of kitty hair bondo. fiber glassed back of panels for extra strength then sound deadened then. ton of work per door. kick panels went quick compared to doors.

Looks like a ton of work. Came out super clean tho. The bass wont rattle the fiberglass loose from the plastic?

Looks like a ton of work. Came out super clean tho. The bass wont rattle the fiberglass loose from the plastic?

Thanks. RF logo if off, it was one of those things i thought would look good and changed my mind. Many hours went into the panels. Very stiff and stout panels, I sealed the speakers up and dont care for the sound quality so i will be opening them up to the door cavity so they sound better. Minimal rattles and panels are solid as hell.

Kick panels are vented into the hollow body of the car. The first try at fiber glassing was 6.5" speakers in the kick panels. Then these door pods, then the kick panels with 8" in them. All in the 03 Lancer. The wifes car is more of a SQ build so the a-pillar will go into them.

03 Lancer RF Build on here

2012 malibu wifes RF build

Is it necessary to mount foam on the outer skin of the door behind the speaker ?

If so, what size piece or how much ?

I bought a 1 yard piece. 36 x 60 inches (closed cell)

I will have a piece leftover that is 1 x 3 feet

Is it al benefical to put foam in the sub box ?

If so what kind and how much ?

Just got 25 square feet of deadener and 1 yard of foam for the front 2 door speaker install

If your local to Cumming then go talk to Greg at the shop over there. He will be able to help you with the RTA part. Also I am running a 3 way active HAT front stage with a Sundown SD-3 sub. Imagine 6.5's and L3v1's....Mine is all processed with an MS-8.

Yeah

Not to terribly far from Cummings.

About 2 1/2 hours away.

Bmxscion

Are you using the Imagine tweeter ?

What size Sundown sub you using ? And how many ? What amps you using ?

I plan on running the Imagines with a Sundown E10 with a Pioneer 80 head unit with some Oldschool Soundstream D60 and D100 amps

Archived