Volkswagen High output alternators?

Dang, that's what's up. Thanks for the specific information. I don't mind spending a lot like $600 or so on an alternator. I figured I would slowly build the system and make it a project with a cheap set up to get me bye until it's finished. So as long as it can a done, I don't mind saving up my coin...I've heard nothing VW is cheap before so I'm a little bit prepared

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

Mike and Dan are the shit. Just my humble opinion, but i wouldnt look else where. Period.

I wouldnt do a 370 or such... id do a nice 270 or maybe a 320. Biggest isnt always best. ..... I like idle power. Just me. The power you even planning for future will be fine with a bit of bank and a nice 270 or so. Just me. :unknw:

According to the email that I got from Mike the 370 does 220 amps at idle and is the highest idle alt that he offers for my car. A 270 amp unit is $599 and it does 200 at idle though. The 370 amp model is only $150 more than the 270 so I figure why not right? For only $150 I get another 100 amps of juice.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Oh wow, I definitely agree... I'd rather do it better the first time if it's only that much of a difference. Shouldn't have a problem at all running 5K if I can get my hands on a 370 haha

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Mike and Dan are the shit. Just my humble opinion, but i wouldnt look else where. Period.

I wouldnt do a 370 or such... id do a nice 270 or maybe a 320. Biggest isnt always best. ..... I like idle power. Just me. The power you even planning for future will be fine with a bit of bank and a nice 270 or so. Just me. :unknw:

According to the email that I got from Mike the 370 does 220 amps at idle and is the highest idle alt that he offers for my car. A 270 amp unit is $599 and it does 200 at idle though. The 370 amp model is only $150 more than the 270 so I figure why not right? For only $150 I get another 100 amps of juice.

Ran 2 270s and 2 370s at our first go... when idle dipped for our long runs.. (in big comps, like 3xs and finals, you cant be in the vehicle) .... the 370s hardly turned on because the load would put us down to like 400rpm.

Again. Buy for your needs. We sold everything, and got all billet 270's.

12348_zpsgmw6y2sd.jpeg

If you can sit and rev, and keep the shit going, cool. We cant. Ill tell you now, ive had a 270, 320, and 370 all hair pin beasts. My fav has been the 270 large case. Again, we sold everything, and went with 4 270s. Build specific for sure bro. ;)

That shit is insane haha. Crazy haha...I wouldn't mind doing comps for fun with 5k but I want to build it mainly for an incredible personal daily driver after work/weekend type of usage. Just need an alt to keep my vehicle and system running smoothly, safely, and efficiently... But on 5k haha. That setup is legit. How many watts were you pushing to your subs to need 3 Alts???

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

That shit is insane haha. Crazy haha...I wouldn't mind doing comps for fun with 5k but I want to build it mainly for an incredible personal daily driver after work/weekend type of usage. Just need an alt to keep my vehicle and system running smoothly, safely, and efficiently... But on 5k haha. That setup is legit. How many watts were you pushing to your subs to need 3 Alts???

There is 4 there bro. Take another look :)

and this is daily driven............ hauls the work trailor most days........

This rig is realiable as fuck. Only way we build. Demo for hours (those that know how i roll) then compete, and then demo the rest of the day.

11796_zpsfpfscjjp.jpeg

Only 6 ampere 3800's at .5

13100963_1258297347532110_63863626473776

with 2 4chans at the moment. Only 3 xspower 7500s here. With 2 banks of caps. Those are all sold as of last week....

But, ... there is a pallet being delivered on monday for more fun. Stay tuned :)

Unfathomable. Hard to wrap my mind around that haha. I could only imagine how much your vehicle rattles at minimum. You gotta have a poll for bracing right? Shits crazy as fuck

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Unfathomable. Hard to wrap my mind around that haha. I could only imagine how much your vehicle rattles at minimum. You gotta have a poll for bracing right? Shits crazy as fuck

Ill derail this a bit more...... :)

pole bracing where ? lol....... Dont even ask what we did to the door strikers, and such, and inner skins. Much much weld.

13588855_921391091302930_1738283530_o_zp

and rattles are min..... for what it does ;)

13570010_918553324920040_712742093_o_zps

Damn dude. Surprised you still use it as a daily driver. Most of the people I see on YouTube with that much bass seem to have just a demo truck type thing. Surprised you can still hear haha

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

• 4 weeks later...

I went with a 370... Revving it is quite annoying- I do not even get a charge while at idle. The time the 370 shines is playing while driving but most all demos are done sitting. "hey pretty young thing hop in my car to hear the bass" *drives off the scene*

doesnt look good.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Archived