okay i just bought the dd1 a few days ago and i had couple quick questions. When tunning the amp should i use cd test track or downloaded versions on phone via bluetooth. honestly i dont listen to cds im either pluged into aux usb or bluetooth does that mean i should tune my amps while playing the track on my phone using aux usb or bluetooth or does it not matter its all them same???

reason i ask is because aux usb and bluetooth are considerably louder than cd

i have pioneer 4800 bhs

If that's what you use then maybe rip them to your computer as a wma file. That way you can check the distortion of your phone.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

do you think playing it from usb bluetooth or aux will make a differnce in where the gain is set? actually dumb question ill figure it out by using volt meter thats how i tuned my system before the dd1 i can check tunning with cd and see volts then tunning with aux and checking volt

Yes, there will be differences, or at least should. In the different forms of signal transfer. Which ever you use to play your music the most, tune through that method of signal transfer. I tuned with my aux cable, now I am using bluetooth, everything seems to be a tad louder, as well I can smell my subs every so often now, so I will be retuning with bluetooth.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The higher track level will cause the distortion point to be found sooner as you adjust the gain, causing a lower gain setting. The lower track level will allow the gain to be turned higher before distortion is found.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

If that's what you use then maybe rip them to your computer as a wma file. That way you can check the distortion of your phone.

This is exactly what I did for the DD-1. I always use my iPod so I put the tones from the CD on it and tuned accordingly.

it is louder when playing (0db that is). it's why your gain would be set lower on -10db.

the lower db settings are simulating musical averages. 0db is the loudest recording setting. All the way up. However we all listen to music and know that not everything is recorded at that volume. Sometimes its recorded lower, the lower db settings on the CD are guesses to what that average will be.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i still dont see how track 5 which is 40hz @ -10db is louder than track 1 40hz@ 0db track 1 sounds way louder when playing

it's not louder. it's lower in volume by 10db from the original 0 db recording. so when you set the gain with a 0 db tone it'll be at x location, then when you go back to set a 10 db overlap your amp's gain will be set to play 10 db louder to equal the original 0 db tone. test, play tone and set amp with a 0 db test tone then meter it on that tone. then play -10 db tone then set amp gain then play test tone and meter it again. those numbers should be equal to one another. so when you play music which is usually recorded at -3 db to -7 db, it'll still be clean power b/c if it does distort or clip it'll be in such minimal intervals that it won't or should damage anything.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know