hell ya man.... clean ass work! Shit gonna look sick when its covered.

really good job, nice tight fit!

thanks again guys.

Keeping it going. supported the T-nuts to make sure they don't back out. Used the forstner bit to drill down and insert some magnets to hold the middle panel to the sides; and got a little more done....

20161029_132549_zpspfnqguc9.jpg

20161029_132536_zpsvv8dcwg9.jpg

20161030_131158_zpsybgr7v3a.jpg

20161030_124253_zps2isogwx0.jpg

20161030_122705_zps9bwuhyl3.jpg

first floor carpeted....

20161101_174449_zps3wmn3lzt.jpg

20161101_174526_zpssncsdscp.jpg

20161101_195926_zpss4bn8ico.jpg

20161105_125224_zpsi4mw56pz.jpg

20161105_171448_zpscwkzuyrb.jpg

20161105_171654_zpsssc9x0jo.jpg

20161105_171912_zpsrojo7csr.jpg

It was nice to see some power lights after spending the whole afternoon on that wiring. The voltmeters on dash seem to be doing ok too.

That much closer to installing everything. This is what's going in the middle of the box side lit by green LEDs....

20161105_191457_zpsordm6832.jpg

Also, this carpet matches awesome to stock. Can't wait to see it all done.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks great man. I love those VM's in dash.

Where did you find the carpet to match?

sorry answering so late....carpet came from yourautotrim.com....they didn't have the colors I needed in stock so all 3 came from 3 different states at the same cost...awesome customer service.

Been a while since I updated. From the weather getting cold to personal BS and photobucket not letting me upload...just excuses.

Still not covered yet. I've made some mistakes and some changes that keep me from finishing. But the box is permanently installed as is the subs, just working on the trim panels now.

LuFQ7TK.jpg

9NH8zIJ.jpg

spX1Wtf.jpg

Oo2KKHA.jpg

Wasn't happy with the dark spots in the bottom corners so I went back and took out the short LED runs and added longer ones on the sides and bottom. Also painted the ports...didn't much care about overspray since you won't see it anyway.

nRO08ic.jpg

6WeCgE9.jpg

TJMhBjc.jpg

^^which brings me to my first major screw up....When I covered the 2nd floor with carpet, it didn't occur to me that the "grain" had to be going the same direction. So you can see the left and middle panel match while the right panel is significantly lighter. I ripped the carpet off the right panel only to realize that the 2 other panels are darker than the stock color and the panel I just ripped off was much closer.....Soooooo luckily I had a good amount of extra and re-covered all the panels....and now the remaining carpet is labelled with a bunch of arrows showing the direction to cover <_<

1EyGErU.jpg

didn't like how flimsy the middle panel was so I did 2 layers of mat at the joint. The magnets hold it in place nicely.

quTGLXw.jpg

had to open up the port holes cuz they were offset....in doing so the router bit the edge and left me with 1/4" circle. So I had to fill it.

jtBoV8b.jpg

xIK232t.jpg

sanded smooth now....which brings me to what I got done today....

I realized the panels in the middle are getting carpet which adds another almost 1/4" making them flush with the panels that are getting vinyl....Didn't like that so I re-made the panels getting vinyl to 1/2" to make them more aggressive. Then installed magnets to hold them in place.

MKVr7bK.jpg

uWmnpHP.jpg

I'm on the verge of covering these sides....unfortunately it's not loud enough. I need a bigger amp....so hopefully that will be happening soon too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Badass box, trim, paneling, and detail! The paneling is really on point.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

thanks everyone!

Just finished snowing up here when I got home from work so got a chance to glue the upper pieces to the bottoms. Magnets are lined up nice too....blurry pic but there just drying now...The panels I changed to 1/2" are a little more defined now.

x1UJ3v6.jpg

now I have to do some rounding over to the outside edges and glue those pieces together too.

Archived