Second Skin Audio

Sundown TEAM 12

So, I noticed that the TEAM 12 from Sundown only carries a 3000wrms rating, unlike its larger counterparts. Unfortunately, due to the size of my new vehicle, I only have room to run 1 12 without compromising on enclosure size.. Do you suppose that the TEAM 12 will handle the full power of a SAZ-4500D on a daily basis, or will I have to gain down/is there a better sub option? Thanks.

I noticed that, which to me is somewhat baffling, having little knowledge of either brand's TEAM series subs; relatively speaking, Sundown's seems like a considerably beefier sub. I wonder why Sundown has separate ratings for each sub in their TEAM series, while Fi maintains the same power handling from 12"-18"?

The team sundown will be fine. Set it clean and let it eat. Rating aren't all that. Rutherford has put a ns1 on his. Each and at 18v. He's making more power LEGIT power to his team's. He's slinkied a few. But. You'll be fine with the sundown imho. I like the team fi driver also. But the sundown driver will be fine imho. Great driver.

it will take the amp no problem...jacob underrates the drivers (or rates them accordingly if u will) to cover idiots who send too much power to them and blow them and expect a warranty claim...you will be fine, pending the enclosure is correct

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Speaking RMS ratings I'm in the process of swapping in a set of Zv4 18s...A TFE @ .5 should push them thru the paces pretty nice Lol

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Considering that my Sundown X15v2 is handling a Sundown scv6000d right now I would say that yes the Team 12 will easily take everything a saz4500 has to offer. I don't have super stout electrical right now but I am at .5 ohms on the amp with a stock 140 amp alt, XS D3100, and stock battery under the hood. The gain is not turned up at all but I am easily making 2500-3000 watts and the sub handles it with ease. It will get hot after a while of loud playing but the coils read fine and the sub has zero damage done to it, yet :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Thanks for the insight everyone, feeling quite a bit better about doing this.

Now that ive had a few beers, and such,.. i have to ask. Where will you wire your 4500 at? what electrical ?

Looking at a custom alt around 270a, XS15K lithium under the hood, 2/0 Big 3. I'll be using the dual 0.7 configuration of the Sundown woofer.

Archived