Under $1,200 Sound Quality HU

These arm chair builds are the best. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

These arm chair builds are the best. Lol

He will learn.

Op Just remeber money can't buy experience

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

When they say start small, they don't mean buy crap equipment. They mean, start with a small piece of your final goal. Get a decent HU that you would want to use later and then once you have more knowledge under your belt, get a DSP. Start with just replacing your OEM speakers with ones that you wouldn't mind using and then later on add more to them if you want. I started small with my stuff (Home theater not Car Audio). I started by building my sub enclosure (standard ported) but here in a few months I want to build another enclosure to better suit my needs. Eventually I would like to build enclosures for all of my speakers but, to do that successfully, that requires more knowledge than I currently have. I could sit here and have everyone do it for me and try to learn a little bit along the way but then would it really be mine? I'm waiting until I have more of an understanding of the whole concept before I take the plunge and spend a whole bunch of money. I'll be kind of doing the same thing with my truck once I get it. I will start with just putting down deadener and replacing my almost 20 year old carpet. Then i'll fully upgrade my big 3 with my future goals in mind including possible future upgrades. Then i'll buy a HO alt and the batteries for my future goals. Then subs and amp/amps. Then mids and highs/amps. I'm starting with the very basics and just doing little bits at a time because 1.) it will cushion the blow to my wallet and 2.) it will be much less stressful and I know I will be able to do it right. I have what my dream is and I will be prepped for that but my first system will be a smaller version of that.

if i didnt just drop $800 on a diamondboxx i would have picked up that 99prs from him.

I hope the OP gets all this sorted and has good luck.

On a side note, the pioneer 80prs will do everything he needs and even 4 way active if you know what you are doing.

just about any amps that arent bottom feeder garabage will work

and and mid level speakers from reputable companies will work with a properly prepped installation.

90% install, 10% gear.

(knowledge is included in that)

Thanks man

WOW, what an insane thread. Glad I know nothing about Sound Quality ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You're gonna be pretty sad when you realize what you could have bought instead of a w7, $1300 for that sub is way out of line,

You can get way better performance for much less money.

You're stuck with the mentality that the more money you throw at high dollar gear the better the outcome will be and you've been told multiple times that that is far from the truth.

And if you think the w7 is the best Sq sub money can buy I got some bad news for you.

I would ask you here but ive already posted a question on that in the subwoofer section. Id appreciate ur input on that over there? Its titled something like "do SQ subs exist"

When they say start small, they don't mean buy crap equipment. They mean, start with a small piece of your final goal. Get a decent HU that you would want to use later and then once you have more knowledge under your belt, get a DSP. Start with just replacing your OEM speakers with ones that you wouldn't mind using and then later on add more to them if you want. I started small with my stuff (Home theater not Car Audio). I started by building my sub enclosure (standard ported) but here in a few months I want to build another enclosure to better suit my needs. Eventually I would like to build enclosures for all of my speakers but, to do that successfully, that requires more knowledge than I currently have. I could sit here and have everyone do it for me and try to learn a little bit along the way but then would it really be mine? I'm waiting until I have more of an understanding of the whole concept before I take the plunge and spend a whole bunch of money. I'll be kind of doing the same thing with my truck once I get it. I will start with just putting down deadener and replacing my almost 20 year old carpet. Then i'll fully upgrade my big 3 with my future goals in mind including possible future upgrades. Then i'll buy a HO alt and the batteries for my future goals. Then subs and amp/amps. Then mids and highs/amps. I'm starting with the very basics and just doing little bits at a time because 1.) it will cushion the blow to my wallet and 2.) it will be much less stressful and I know I will be able to do it right. I have what my dream is and I will be prepped for that but my first system will be a smaller version of that.

I agree with everything except starting small with medium grade. Im trying to start with high grade, and slowly increase its performance as i learn. I know im not gonna get the full benefit of my system till i know all the details of the system. I just dont wanna buy C-grade stuff, learn a lil. Then buy B-grade stuff, learn a lil more, then buy A-grade stuff, learn a lil more. Then buy A++ stuff. You know what i mean??? I just want the A++ stuff then slowly increse my knowledge with the equipment already on hand. Seems logical to me. Maybe expensive, but im not really a cheap person, but i dont like being ripped off either.

If You want top quality sq stuff get yourself some linear power amps and some blues car audio components and subs.

If it sounds bad with that stuff it's the install not the gear, plain and simple.

There's plenty of stuff that cost way more than that if you want to throw money down the toilet though.

Talk to white lighting, he's the resident sq guy around here, you want it done right the first time, talk to him, he'll help you get it done.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thank you for the kind words Broke !!!

I really appreciate it.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived