Second Skin Audio

HELP in need for enclosure ideas

osten45

Hi I am new here and have a question about bass tubes. I wont to put my subs through a ski hole since my seats wont go down but the problem is that the box wont fit. So would a empty bass tube with a subwoofer like for example a nvx vcw 12 in sub be good to stick through the ski hole and get more output? My car is a 1995 BMW 525i. Would a better option be if i put 2 aero ports through the rear deck and put the sub facing through the ski hole?

I would use caution when doing trunk builds in the BMW's with ski holes. They are really well built and sealed which makes the sub do some funny things. Some people have noticed that tuning seemed really off an then realized that they're box was acting like a 6th order bandpass box. Just a word of caution.

You may be wanting to build a 4th order bandpass box which routes all it's output to a port which then can go through the ski hole or rear deck, that design though has is drawbacks and generally is more trouble than it's worth, if you have tried to open up the rear deck and test with a regular box with no success then consider the 4th BP.

Archived