The wife said "Get what you want, but get good stuff!"

PinkFreud65

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-125-2-amp-amplifier-125w-RMS-250w-MAX-Class-A-B-2-Channel-2-Ohm/121972989443?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38847%26meid%3D08096fc8acee4f32a0d6dbc46b5d4454%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D181580007210

not going to be in the same range as focal, herts, hybrid.

Also this would be a nice amp for a set of components. A lot of people have been buying these up, because CT Sounds stopped making them and they discounted them.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Those JBL are pretty much the best performance for the price, and once you get to the upper end of quality components they'll blow em away, but there's almost no other components capable of taking the power they can and sound as good as they do on that power for the price point , just be careful if you go full range on them as they'll tear the surrounds with a ton of power.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

full range meaning bass, mids, and highs played though them at once? if that is what you mean, how do I play them "safely?"

Probably setting ur crossovers conservatively, based on the specified "frequency range" given with ur speaker. I think thats what ur asking. If setting crossovers is too much hassle, just get a component set. They come with passive crossovers that are already tuned and setup for the speakers in its component set.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you go listen to as many sets as possible. What sounds good to you might not sound good to me. the type of tweeter in the set will make the biggest difference. I prefer silk dome tweeters as they tend to be more laidback, others like a more forward tweeter.

Sundown Audio SA component set is what I am going to try out here in the near future. I have always ran CDT component sets though and I would recommend them all day long. I have never had a bad experience with running CDT equipment ever. Good luck and tell your wife she is cool as shit for saying what she said!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You set your low pass at 80hz so it cuts it off from the lower frequencies that cause extreme excursion to the mids.

High Pass Filter at 80 Hz to stop too much bass on your mids and highs.

Low Pass Filter at 80 Hz to stop the mids going to the subwoofer, and let the sub play bass only.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Those JBL are pretty much the best performance for the price, and once you get to the upper end of quality components they'll blow em away, but there's almost no other components capable of taking the power they can and sound as good as they do on that power for the price point , just be careful if you go full range on them as they'll tear the surrounds with a ton of power.

Will vouch for those as being very nice at their price point. Used them in a couple builds and everyone loves them.

Archived