how to gain more dbs?

nathanb5533

So I went to a competition yesterday and my car hits 144.0 at 37s hz and i hit 140-142 ish on music what can i do to gain dbs I'm thinking about inverting my subwoofers to gain a little more room in my box since exocontralto said that my box was a little to small for my subs, I'm also gonna try to push my box all the way back in my truck. what else could i do to try and bring my dbs up to 150? i somehow need to find a way to get my moonroof to stop shaking because it flexes 2 inches causing me top lose sound pressure

2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L

Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS DVD Receiver

Singer 320 amp alternator

Crescendo audio hp120 battery

Crescendo audio bc3500d

Crescendo audio s550/2

Crescendo audio s1100/2

2 Sundown audio zv5 12

Rockford Fosgate 440-4D

5 cubic foot octoport tuned to 35 hz

4 crescendo audio pwx 8s

2 crescendo audio pwx 6.5

4 crescendo audio ft1 super tweeters

2 crescendo audio Symphony coaxial 6x9

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to a competition yesterday and my car hits 144.0 at 37s hz and i hit 140-142 ish on music what can i do to gain dbs I'm thinking about inverting my subwoofers to gain a little more room in my box since exocontralto said that my box was a little to small for my subs, I'm also gonna try to push my box all the way back in my truck. what else could i do to try and bring my dbs up to 150? i somehow need to find a way to get my moonroof to stop shaking because it flexes 2 inches causing me top lose sound pressure

PM me if you want to come test some things, I'm perhaps an hour drive north from you and have an SPL meter and no neighbors. \

It is improbable that you will gain from 144 to 150 with just duct tape and moving things around. You're talking about doubling power AND cone area to even hope for that sort of gain and that's perfect world.

Inverting subs may or may not gain and may change your tuning unfavorably. Nothing you can do about the moon roof that isn't going to be messy and nothing that'll be really effective unless you want to permanently seal it.

That said a dedicated SPL box and dropping your amp's impedance to dangerously low might gain you significantly in 3 second burp but such gains will be useless for music.

Archived