Second Skin Audio

4th order, Slot, Aero...?

PinkFreud65

I'm looking to build a box for a single 12 (or 15 if I can fit it in the trunk!) most likely, a Sundown X series on a CAB 1600.1. Trunk dimensions are: 41"w X 18"h X 20"L then the trunk gets wider and it's like an additional 10-12" from there. not certain on the actual trunk opening I can check later.

I have no idea what type of box and port combo I would want to build to get the best results. I know that I will seal my trunk and I want to get loud. But I'm not too knowledgeable about different types of enclosures. So just help me learn and I can them make an informed decision lol

You don't have very much room so your best bet would be to just do a standard ported box. As for slot or Aero it really depends on your design. Also not that an actual aero port is pretty pricey. Most find it easier to do a slot port but if you can fit a aero port or some sort of tube port then go for it. They're more efficient and generally take up less box volume (assuming the port is in the box).

so....I'm still looking for some input. I'm ordering an x 12 soon, but I need to decide what type of enclosure to go with. I've read about T-lines being great. I'm still not sure though. I can use all the trunk space I want, I just need some guidance. :)

i've heard a lot of good things about t-lines in car audio BUT the main draw back is that they take up a lot of space.

That's what I've seen also. I'm just wondering if I can make a T-line work with my trunk. That's why I'm looking for the most efficient and loudest type of enclosure I can cram into my trunk.

I just finished reading through a build log on here of a guy with my vehicle running 2 12s and hitting 150+ on the dash. I'm not looking to compete, yet, but I want to be loud. I want to be clearly louder than the "pawn shop build" guys.

That's what I've seen also. I'm just wondering if I can make a T-line work with my trunk. That's why I'm looking for the most efficient and loudest type of enclosure I can cram into my trunk.

I just finished reading through a build log on here of a guy with my vehicle running 2 12s and hitting 150+ on the dash. I'm not looking to compete, yet, but I want to be loud. I want to be clearly louder than the "pawn shop build" guys.

Archived