Second Skin Audio

Best Way to Break in a DC Lv6

Wasteland_Audio

So I'll be getting a recone for my lv6 18 soon and i was wondering if anyone had some tips on breaking it in properly. It will be going in a common chamber enclosure with another one and i'm afraid that throwing it in and playing it caused the previous failure (the suspension completely broke down and the leads burnt off the spider). My amps are set with a DD-1 so it's not a clipping issue. Not really sure what to do so any input would be welcome, thanks!

Just because your amps are set with a dd-1 does not mean it isn't a clipping issue.

And if you ripped the suspension apart you were having problems with over excursion.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So I'll be getting a recone for my lv6 18 soon and i was wondering if anyone had some tips on breaking it in properly. It will be going in a common chamber enclosure with another one and i'm afraid that throwing it in and playing it caused the previous failure (the suspension completely broke down and the leads burnt off the spider). My amps are set with a DD-1 so it's not a clipping issue. Not really sure what to do so any input would be welcome, thanks!

too much mechanical movement (box is either too big, sub is seeing too much power, or you were playing too low for the box)

sounds like clipping or over powering if you burned up the leads

dd-1 doesnt insure no clipping, poor files/file leveling or improper use of the dd-1 can still result in clipping/distortion

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

too much mechanical movement (box is either too big, sub is seeing too much power, or you were playing too low for the box)

sounds like clipping or over powering if you burned up the leads

dd-1 doesnt insure no clipping, poor files/file leveling or improper use of the dd-1 can still result in clipping/distortion

The enclosure i'm using is a 14ft^3 wall tuned to 27hz. I'm using 2 Audiopipe APK4500 amps at 1 ohm. The only music I play at full volume is decaf zip files (I never play songs that are marked lower than 25hz). Also my head unit is set flat, bass boost off, sub level flat, etc, etc. Hope this info helps!

Box is probably too big,

They suggest 5.5cuft net ported per 18.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just because your amps are set with a dd-1 does not mean it isn't a clipping issue.

And if you ripped the suspension apart you were having problems with over excursion.

The suspension isn't ripped, it's just super sloppy. Compared to the other sub it feels like a super cheap pyle sub when you put weight on the cone.

Archived