Lithium- Why isnt everyone convinced

Had my 20ah juicebox about a year with no problems.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lipo and lithium ion are the sketchy ones, would never use

Lifepo4 is what you need

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

looking at the ah rating for lithium doesnt mean anything...you cant compare ah in lithium to agm...that being said, the advantages to lithium far outweigh the price tag IF you are running 5k+...the price and weight of 3 standard agm 31 vs a single 40ah lithium, its an easy decision

another one to think about is the juicebox nimrod...rated at 1k per rod, 1.25" diameter x 28" long, they take up no space weigh about 8lb each..theyve been tested vs caps and up to 1k, the nimrod was the winner (as expected) and over 1k, the caps just took the cake (as expected, hence the 1k rating)...but thats just another lightweight/strong/efficient option next to the lithium...and they are easier to purchase, at $225 shipped a piece compared to $800 right away...you can build your bank piece by piece instead of saving and waiting...just food for your thought

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Lipo and lithium ion are the sketchy ones, would never use

Lifepo4 is what you need

Juice boxes are Lifepo4....i say lipo because it's less words to type Lol

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I'm seriously contemplating switching for the sake of space and weight savings but I too have been sort of sitting back and watching to see what happens as more and more of them get used over time. I make arrangements to budget for stuff I really want, but I don't have enough disposable income to be a trailblazer or risk taker so I try to wait until I'm very confident in something before I jump in and drop that kind of money.

looking at the ah rating for lithium doesnt mean anything...you cant compare ah in lithium to agm...that being said, the advantages to lithium far outweigh the price tag IF you are running 5k+...the price and weight of 3 standard agm 31 vs a single 40ah lithium, its an easy decision

These are engineered products. If Ah isnt the appropriate rating to compare to, then what do you recommend? There must be a comparable rating, since these are indeed batteries that store and release energy. I understand they do work at a different rate than AGM, but to say theres no comparable specification just simply cant be true.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

You have to realize lithium technology has really just hit a point where it's fairly stable and people can trust it. It's not exactly a docile platform and in large amounts can go up quick. It's had that tag associated with it for years. It's also now just getting to the point of marginally affordable. When I was doing my truck lithium was just becoming available. I got better reserve for less at the time. Now lithium tech is bypassing agm by leaps and bounds. It is the battery of the future and I'm convinced of that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I can't exactly explain why the ah rating is what it is but you need only look at the curves to see the comparison

https://www.google.com/search?q=agm+discharge+curve&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4ko3AtZ7PAhWKrB4KHVNQCVcQ_AUIBygB&biw=412&bih=652#imgrc=zYLnB_Mn-eYhRM%3A

You need to look at the area below the curve to see usable power. You can see how much more area the lithium batteries have. Conservatively 10x more from the worst to the best. So adjust the ratings on the batteries accordingly

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

You have to realize lithium technology has really just hit a point where it's fairly stable and people can trust it. It's not exactly a docile platform and in large amounts can go up quick. It's had that tag associated with it for years. It's also now just getting to the point of marginally affordable. When I was doing my truck lithium was just becoming available. I got better reserve for less at the time. Now lithium tech is bypassing agm by leaps and bounds. It is the battery of the future and I'm convinced of that.

Lithium is rather old technology,

Graphene batteries will be the batteries of the future.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can't exactly explain why the ah rating is what it is but you need only look at the curves to see the comparison

https://www.google.com/search?q=agm+discharge+curve&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4ko3AtZ7PAhWKrB4KHVNQCVcQ_AUIBygB&biw=412&bih=652#imgrc=zYLnB_Mn-eYhRM%3A

You need to look at the area below the curve to see usable power. You can see how much more area the lithium batteries have. Conservatively 10x more from the worst to the best. So adjust the ratings on the batteries accordingly

Oh nice , this is good information. Thats what I was missing!

On my last post I made the assumption that the Ah rating is at a constant voltage, when we all know voltage actually drops during discharge, at some rate that has to be accounted for over the discharge of the AGM. So to calculate watt-hours for an AGM, one would need to know the voltage drop per Ah to adjust the equation due to decreasing voltage. You are absolutely right about area under the curve. Basically, lithium holds a higher voltage for longer, so the voltage drop per Ah is less, resulting in more total watts for a particular Ah rating.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived