Running bat caps, first time.

What's up everyone long time no talk. Between my son who's gonna be 4 in January and a baby daughter due in January I handing haven't had much of any time. Anyway new build time. Keeping the same sun CT exo D15 15 and for now just 1 CT AT 1400.1 ran at .5ohm. Box is for a different thread. 0g sgca cable all the good stuff and a shrunenkin BT something up front. I'm been doing days of research and none of it seems to add up. I know I need 6 2.7v cap ran in series to make a bank.

So here's my question(s)

1. Will 1 bank do the job or do I need 2?

2. Why are some caps $11 and others are $75?

3 I would greatly appreciate it if someone could just make me a list of what I need so I can just check out and go on with my build. I'm no noob,I know audio I just don't know caps. So please help me out I don't have room for a huge bat bank or the rear suspension. 15 years of audio and this is like pulling teeth for me. If it's as cheap as I think I might just go with 2 anyway.

Just need a new front stage, box, deadener cap bank and I'm ready to rock. Last was a 153.3db I'd love to break that

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

If you are only running 1.5k, a single cap bank will be plenty. Especially if you have a decent HO alt and starting battery.

You need 6 caps. If you go with the maxwell brand they are 2.7v a piece and 3000 farads (These are the $60+ ones). The less expensive ones may still be 2.7volts but have far less capacitance, they won't do you any good.

If you have more specific questions you can pm me I'll try to help.

Team NorthWestSPL

If you are only running 1.5k, a single cap bank will be plenty. Especially if you have a decent HO alt and starting battery.

You need 6 caps. If you go with the maxwell brand they are 2.7v a piece and 3000 farads (These are the $60+ ones). The less expensive ones may still be 2.7volts but have far less capacitance, they won't do you any good.

well my amp is 2,700w @1ohm and I run it at .5ohm. Dual 1ohm sub. I may or may not run my second CT 1400.1 not sure yet. I guess my question is do I get the aluminum bus needs bars from the same spot I get the caps

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Also curious about caps and these 16v modules

The large ones are about $800 canadian from the one site i looked at.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Also curious about caps and these 16v modules

The large ones are about $800 canadian from the one site i looked at.

was also looking at Xstatic 3000 looks like it will do the job for $400 bucks

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/maxwell-technologies-inc/BCAP3000-P270-K04/1182-1021-ND/3079285

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Maxwell-Technologies/BCAP3000-P270-K04/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDCPMZUZ%252bYl4vDGR228uRDhgVZbUDv3h0%3d

You just need 6 of these along with straps to connect them together, and charge each one separately to the same voltage before connecting them together in a bank.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

OK I'll keep looking into it. The biggest thing I like is the weight

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

well my amp is 2,700w @1ohm and I run it at .5ohm. Dual 1ohm sub. I may or may not run my second CT 1400.1 not sure yet. I guess my question is do I get the aluminum bus needs bars from the same spot I get the caps

Okay well 2 banks per 3k is an okay rule of thumb if you have enough alt/ batt in addition. For reference, I run 4 sundown 3500s @.5 each off of 8 banks.

Team NorthWestSPL

Okay well 2 banks per 3k is an okay rule of thumb if you have enough alt/ batt in addition. For reference, I run 4 sundown 3500s @.5 each off of 8 banks.

So I would need 12 minimum then. Overkill is always better. I do have a budget tho. I have a baby girl due in January so my girl will be out of work for a while. And speaking of babies, how... Um stable are these things? I've heard horror stories about them discharging. But it's usually because people are dumb. I will have 2 kids in my car. I really like the Xstatic batcap 4000 its a big old beast and I'm confident it will do exactly what I need it to do. The only thing I don't like is that it's 72lbs. Add that to a 90lb sub, 50lb box 30lbs of amps and ??lbs of wire and deadener all located in my trunk....

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Added weight vs costs, it can be a tough choice at times on what to get on budgets, as long as the caps are shielded from shorting out you should be fine, and i would atleast get a single bank to start and add a second when you can unless you can do both at the same time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived