Second Skin Audio

Looking to get some outside opinions on box type and design. I'm going to be running 6 NVX VS 15 on two Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000s (for now two, three later) and looking for opinions on what type of box to build. A 4th order is an option ive considered but I dont want to do a bandpass.. i want to do ported. Anyone have any ideas of how I can properly design a box for 6 15s in a ported box? Box is going in an Avalanche bed. Rough but close dimensions are like 49x19x50 i think. Not looking for someone to design the mathematics but simply throw ideas out on best way to place the subs and port for a ported box design! Looking to tune around 30 hz.. not looking for spl meter but simply murder lows. Thanks in advance!

Not enough room, and think about it- you will likely have 3 15s on each side of your enclosure (all side by side). That is 45 inches in length all in subs which leaves you with 5 inches between them all including the sides of your box. --15(sub)+15(sub)+15(sub)--

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Well i have built a 4th order for 2 15s before and i just wasnt as satisfied with the output as i was with another ported box built for the same subs.. im not completely agsinst 4th orders but i believe thats going to be the smartest and most logical thing to do. What ratio? 3 or 4:1? instead of the VS series ive now decided to run the VC series NVX

I can't say anything on the two other systems you had , lots of variables.do you design your own boxs? If so maybe you need some help with that.ratio's are not everything in a 4th order design either.cause I've seen and built 4th's where there's more sealed chamber than ported chamber.really depends on sub.and no I don't design for others.

I do design my own and have been really successful with them so far. Last enclosure was for a PSi platform 3 and metered 140.5 @ 29 hz on half wattage of what the sub should be getting. But that was in a ported box and I really like the way it sounded just wasnt loud enough. Im just not as familiar with a 4th design to make it sound exactly what im looking for.

Archived